European Fashion Award FASH 2017 now is over!
European Fashion Award FASH 2017: Fashion design award European Fashion Award FASH 2017 with the theme “Get Real” is now open for entries looking for an unusual aesthetic, fashion that is emotional, touching, mysterious and surprising.
The European Fashion Award FASH 2017, fashion design award this year with the theme "Get Real", is looking for an unusual aesthetic. Fashion that is emotional, touching, mysterious and surprising. There is a demand to break free from the constraints of our time. A yearning for quiet, romanticism, poetry and colorful birds. A yearning for true joy rather than pure fun. Personal rather than perfect, fashion instead of bestsellers.
It is important that you present your project in such a way that the jury can quickly get a favorable impression of it. It is important to offer a good first impression at this point.
In order for the jury to evaluate your project accordingly, you must maintain the following standards:
a) Short concept summary: one page of text (2.000 – 3.500 characters/350 – 500 words) without photos/illustrations, in English. This must be submitted by email to email@example.com by September, 25th, 2015 (pdf format, max. size 500 KB); the same must be submitted in printed form with the presentation.
- Font: Arial, Times, Courier
- The participant number (no names!) must be applied to the upper right corner in font size 20.
- File format: pdf, max. size 500KB
- File name: participant number + FASH16, e.g.: 29-S-FASH14.pdf
- no pictures, illustrations
b) Documentation of analysis and the resulting concept in English
- 10 to 30 pages of text; (min. 1,000 character)
- Collection consisting of a minimum of six outfits – up to 20 pages of illustrations, technical drawings, material and color concept (including list of materials used [manufacturer, origin, etc.])
- up to 10 pages of illustrations (such as collection overview)
- These documents will be handled and resorted repeatedly during the jury session. Therefore the documents should be bound in a compact fashion and not consist of loose sheets.
- Format: Din A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) bound or stapled, etc. (no loose sheets!)
The quality of the presentation chart and documentation must be at a level appropriate to an international competition (A4 sheets in plastic covers do not qualify). The focus should not be on an outwardly pricey professional appearance, but on the fact whether the potential of the project is recognizable from the documentation.
The presentation chart can be a collage of e.g. illustrations, photos, research results, or material and color concept, similar to a mood board. The chart is not meant as a collection overview or portfolio of technical drawings. These can be included in the documentation.
Format: one(!) poster board DIN A3 landscape (420 mm x 297 mm).
Final projects, theses and dissertations, as well as bachelor and masters projects can also be submitted if they correspond to the task and were created in 2016 or 2017. Designs shall not have been already published.
The European Fashion Award – FASH 2017 is divided into two categories Students and Graduates.
A jury consisting of international design, industry, and media experts will select the award winners according to set criteria:
- Quality of the analysis, autonomy of the concept
- Overall concept (analysis, strategy, understanding and realization of the topic, target group, interdisciplinary character)
- Innovation/vision (e.g. combination of fashion and function)
- Functionality (mobility, ergonomics, material selection)
- Technical and design implementation (sketch quality, material selection, presentation, workmanship, fit, colour concept)
Works can be submitted by individuals, interdisciplinary teams (particularly encouraged) and/or in collaborations with companies.
Participants are required to be present in person at the award ceremony, should they be selected as a winner, including preperation and postprocessing. The exact schedule will be provided in a timely manner.
Winners are required to pay their own travel expenses. Overnight stays will be reimbursed (for winnners they live not in Berlin) with a flat fee of 300 Euros for single persons and up to 600 Euros for groups.
Registration Deadline: January, 15th, 2017.
Participation in the competition is free of charge.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
The contest is open to especially talented design students of all disciplines, but especially from the fashion and textile design areas.
Students of full age, currently enrolled in their fourth semester or higher are entitled to participate. At time of application you have to be registered at an european university or fashion school or you need to pass in a master thesis from 2016 or 2017.
Groups containing students from the fourth semester and higher, may also include younger students.
Students from non-European countries are also eligible to enter; however, there are special conditions.