Taito city government is hosting the 30th Fashion ZAKKA Design Competition looking for your leather and fabric fashion item designs, invites anyone who is interested in ZAKKA (fashion items) design, either professional or amateur to participate.
The city of Taito, Japan includes well known touristic area such as Ueno and Asakusa, however it is also a renowned production area of fashion items. In fact, many of the fashion items for famous brands such as shoes, bags, wallets, belts or hats are produced in manufacturers in Taito. There are five categories:
• Belts & Suspenders
• Small Leather Items
Entries to the Leather Division must include some leather in their design.
Examples of “Small Leather Items” include mainly products for holding or covering items, and that could be found for sale in wallet or stationary departments (with the exception of accessories such as earrings, rings, bangles, and necklaces) such as wallets, coin purses, cases for pens, commuter passes, keys, or mobile phones, pouches, and stationary, etc.
For Entries to either Leather or Fabric Divisions
1. Design illustrations must be unpublished.
2. Any design found to be an imitation, even after winning a prize, will be disqualified.
3. Designs should be able to be made into product. Materials, shapes, and parts are restricted to those able to be processed. Non-leather materials (e.g. metal, plastic) for which special processing is required are not acceptable.
4. Any characters, brand names, or other marks that could identify the entrant are unacceptable.
All categories are open to designs for men or women.
Design Illustration Guidelines:
Use colored designs (CG and/or photo OK) on B4 size paper.
Please provide detailed information about the colors, materials, measurements, and shape used. You may attach this separately from the design illustration.
When submitting multiple designs, please attach a design concept for each individual design.
The copyrights of the awarded designs in the competition is transferred to Taito Fashion Fair Committee, which may put them in production. In this competition, a star-studded cast of guest judges from fashion accessory makers at the forefront of the industry will select the best designs from over 2,300 entries.
• Is the design creative?
• Is the design original?
• Is the design practical?
• Is the design highly-marketable?
Award ceremony is planned for late November or early December 2019, in Taito City. There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
Anyone who is interested in ZAKKA (fashion items) design, either professional or amateur, is eligible to participate.
The following prizes will be awarded:
• Grand Prize - ¥300,000
• First Prize - ¥50,000
• Judge’s Prize - ¥30,000
• MATSUYA GINZA Prize - productized for plans to be sold at MATSUYA GINZA
• Prize - will be awarded to three designs from each category - ¥10,000 in prize money
Furthermore if selected, you will have the chance to have your design realized in production by the craftsmen/women of Taito City!
Organizer: Taito city government
Published by: InfoDesigners