The Łódź Young Fashion Award, the most important event of fashion days in Łódź now is announced for entries for 2019!
This competition is organised by Strzemiński Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź and Łódź Event Centre and like every year is aimed at young fashion designers and is to promote talents and facilitate the beginning of a professional career for students and graduates in the fields of fashion design.
The contest is designed to select the top 12 collections out of which the Jury will select the winner of the Contest during the Final Gala on 26th October 2019.
This year's theme of the contest is METROPOLIS!
The urban tissue pulsates with the rhythm of bustling streets. It is a living, complicated organism where nothing accidental happens. The metropolis never sleeps – regardless of the time of day or night, crowds of passers-by hustle on the wide boulevards, and the dark side of the city can be seen in the back alleys. It is a synonym of contradictions, a clash of what is pure and beautiful with disgusting ugliness, temporariness and chaos. It delights with shapes, colours and sounds. It is emptiness, and at the same time an overwhelming excess. Can fashion draw inspiration from the big city's hustle and bustle? Or perhaps the alliance of fashion and architecture will result in an array of interesting projects? It's time to check it out!
• Only collections of clothes created in the years 2018-2019 may be submitted.
• Each participant submits maximum 1 collection of clothes, which must consist of 15 to 18 silhouettes. Women’s silhouettes must be prepared in size 36/38 and men’s silhouettes in size 48-50 (according to European size tables).
The Contest consists of two stages:
1) 1ST STAGE - For the 1st stage you need to send:
• Photographic documentation of 5 silhouettes selected out of the whole submitted collection (3 photographic shots of each silhouette: front, back and detail – 15 shots altogether). Photographs presenting outfits on a model or a dummy are recommended (for horizontal shots max. width 2000px, for vertical shots max. height 1500px, files in JPG format only with a maximum size of 3Mb).
• A description of the collection in English including the following data: the way of execution of the leading theme of the Contest in the submitted collection, the information concerning the materials used in the collection, dimensions and sizes of each silhouette, etc.
The Jury of the Contest will review all submissions and select the 12 best collections that will be admitted to the 2nd Stage of the Contest. The list of authors of collections admitted to the 2nd Stage of the Contest will have been published by 25th July 2019 on the website www.lodzyoungfashion.com.
2) 2ND STAGE - The collection qualified to the 2nd stage must satisfy the following criteria:
• the construction of the outfit must be safely worn by a model; designs must not be made of any sharp, hurtful elements, and the particular elements must not endanger anybody’s health,
• the particular components of the outfit must be made neatly so that the model could present them in motion,
• the collection must be complete – the designs must contain all the components that are required during the show.
The collections qualified to the 2nd stage of the Contest will be presented by models during the Final Gala which will be held on 26th October 2019. The Jury will choose the winning collection during the final show.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
The Łódź Young Fashion Award 2019 is addressed to young fashion designers (born after 1989) from all over the world – especially students and graduates of artistic and fashion design schools and all those for whom design is a passion.
The winner will receive the MANEQUINE 2019 statuette and a financial prize of 30,000 EURO, funded by the City of Łódź. There will also be some extra awards funded by sponsors and the honourable mentions.
Filed under ⇣
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: http://lodzyoungfashion.com/Main/Artykul/lodz-young-fashion-award-2019