The 14th Istanbul International Fabric Design Contest 2019 - International Fashion design competition
| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
This competition has expired on
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: The Istanbul Textile And Raw Material Exporters’ Association (ITHIB) has announced the 14th Istanbul International Fabric Design Contest 2019 open to textile professionals and college, university or design academy students or graduates.
The 14th Istanbul International Fabric Design Contest 2019, organized by Istanbul Textile and Raw Material Exporters’ Association (ITHIB) recently has announced for entries inviting all textile professionals and college, university or design academy students or graduates to participate.
Fabric designs should be addressed to outfits and be applicable to industrial production. Participants are invited to submit 4 different fabric designs in conformity with contest theme and technical requirements. The designs should not be subject of commerce, should be industrially producible and should have applicable characteristics.
The digital file containing the 4 designs should be prepared to meet the following technical requirements:
• The designs should be inspired by one of the proposed themes. Fabric designs should be addressed to outfits and be applicable to industrial production. Please be aware that these 4 fabric designs will be combined by a Turkish Designer to form a mini fashion collection.
• The contestant should describe the production techniques that will apply to their designs in the stage of fabric production that will be done by leading textile companies in Turkey. The allowed production technics are weaving, knitting, printing and spunlace. Please don’t forget to indicate the technic you prefer for each of your design. The contestant may prefer max 2 technics.
• The designs should be untraded orginal works and should be industrially producible and applicable to the nature in Turkey.
• The digital file should contain moodboard ,the high-resolution images of the 4 textile designs and details about the yarn type to be used such as the yarn expansion, fiber content range, sources of procurement, dye. Please indicate the material of the fabric such as cotton, silk, wool etc. related to your designs.
• Only one or more yarn types can be prefered for your designs. Don’t forget to indicate the material you used in each of your design.
• The digital file, must include the project title, theme, and the detailed description of the 4 fabric designs with the production technics and the material of the fabric. The description should be maximum 5000 words.
• A seperate document of curriculum vitae should be uploaded to the system.
PROPERTIES OF DIGITAL PROJECT FILE
• The digital file should be maximum 50 MB in size.
• The 4 images can be photos, scans, computer drawings or colored hand drawings.
• The contents of the digital file should be created and uploaded as ‘pdf’ or ‘MS Powerpoint’ as a unique document.
Designers shall be evaluated with respect to the following criteria:
• The designer’s creativity
• Originality and novelty of the design
• Suitability for improvement and applicability of the techniques used for the fabric design
• Selection of materials and material – design compatibility
• Properties that enhance the fabric’s added value and technical characteristics
The preliminary jury will evaluate the online submitted digital project on Thursday 13th June 2019. The 20 finalists should send the samples of their fabrics in one of the following dimensions 20x20 or 40x40 or 50x50 cm. Please send them to ITKIB General Secretariat address no later than 1 July 2019. You can ask a collect courier and the cost will be covered by ITHIB. The 20 finalists who will be selected to the second stage will be announced at www.fabricdesigncontest.org
The jury will evalutate the physical samples on Thursday 4th July 2019.
This time the jury will select the 10 finalists who will take part in the fashion show. The 10 finalists’ designs will be industrially produced by the support of producers that will be determined by ITHIB. Candidates may collaborate with procedures. In this case, cost of travel and accommodation will be covered by ITHIB. A Turkish fashion designer will create a capsule fashion collection for each finalist for the fashion show at the final night before the award ceremony. The final of the contest will be held on 19 November 2018. The winners will be announced by jury the same day after a glamorous fashion show. Accomodation and round trip expenses of the 10 finalists related to the attendance to the fashion show will be covered by the organizers.
There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can enter?
The 14th Istanbul International Fabric Design Contest 2019 is open to textile professionals and college, university or design academy students or graduates.
Top three finalists will have the opportunity of a visit to Première Vision Paris February 2020 and 6-months foreign language education. The first contestant will be given monetary award of 8,500 Euro, the second 4,250 Euro and the third 2,125 Euro.
For all further informations about the The 14th Istanbul International Fabric Design Contest 2019 visit the following official website: