The 35th Chicago Latino Film Festival 2019 - FILM FESTIVAL
| by InfoDesigners
The Call for Entries titled The 35th Chicago Latino Film Festival 2019 is now open!
The 35th Chicago Latino Film Festival 2019
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
The 35th Chicago Latino film festival 2019, an annual festival that promotes Latino culture in the United States, recently has opened the new call for entries inviting submissions from all filmmakers over the world.
The Chicago Latino Film Festival, an non-competitive film festival that every year promotes Latino culture in the United States by presenting the finest and most recent films from Latin America, Spain, Portugal, and the United States. The Festival stresses the importance of the artistic and educational value of film.
The festival organized by International Latino Cultural Center of Chicago (ILCC) produces events throughout the year including workshops, retrospectives and premieres.
• To be considered for the Chicago Latino Film Festival, film must be submitted via FilmFreeway or a film screener (link or DVD).
• Features must have a running time of 70 minutes or above & shorts must be less than 20 minutes.
• Films from Latin America, Spain, Portugal and the United States are considered as well as works from other countries if the director is of Ibero-American descent, or the subject matter is directly related to Latino culture. Films with an educational value, strong historical and artistic importance are also considered.
• The Festival presents all forms of filmmaking including, animation, documentaries, experimental, narrative, etc.
• The Festival encourages the submission of works for young audiences as they are screened for students during matinees.
The following formats are acceptable for pre-selection:
- Secure online screener (Vimeo)
- DVD (Region 0 or 1)
• If your work is in a language other than English, your submission must include English subtitles.
Upon acceptance to the film festival, you must provide the Festival with the following materials:
- Synopsis in English and Spanish (Portuguese for films from Portugal or Brazil)
- High-resolution photos of the film
- Film trailer available online
- Press kit, social media links & website (if available)
- Principal cast and crew information
- List of festivals films has participated (if any)
Films are screened in DCP (Digital Cinema Package). Costs of generating KDMs will be the responsibility of the film’s representative. Blu-ray will not be accepted as a screening format except for short films and only when you have notified the Festival in advance. The Festival won’t screen a film that is technically unsuitable for a successful exhibition. Films are presented in their original language. All films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English. Clearly label the film with its original and English title and running time.
Selected films must be a Chicago premiere. Films that have screened publicly or theatrically in the Chicago area, have aired on US television, or are available for public viewing (DVD or online) prior to the Festival dates are NOT eligible.
The Festival’s Film Selection Committee will select all features and shorts. All participants will be notified through email by late January 2019 whether or not the work submitted was selected for the 35th Chicago Latino Film Festival.
The Festival holds discussions following film screenings with visiting representatives or filmmakers. Everyone is encouraged to attend but the festival can only cover travel and hotel expenses of a limited number of feature film guests. Guests are expected to attend the public screenings of the film they represent. Invited filmmakers will be notified by email.
The Audience Choice Award will be announced onFriday, April 19, 2019.
An entry fee of $50 USD for features & $30 USD for short films is required per work.
Films from Latin America, Spain, Portugal and the United States are considered as well as works from other countries if the director is of Ibero-American descent, or the subject matter is directly related to Latino culture.
The festival is non-competitive. However, the most popular feature narrative, documentary and short are given the Audience Choice Award.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the competition The 35th Chicago Latino Film Festival 2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://chicagolatinofilmfestival.org/call-for-entries/
Organizer: Latino Cultural Center of Chicago
Category: FILM FESTIVAL
Official Website: Link
Published by: InfoDesigners
Listed by: InfoDesigners