Pink Lady Food Photographer Of The Year 2019 - International Food photography award
| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
This competition has expired on
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year 2019 is an international Food Photography Award recently organised and inspired by the proliferation of wonderful food photography in a huge variety of applications.
Launched for the fist time in 2011, Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year is an international photography award inspired by the proliferation of wonderful food photography in a huge variety of applications.
From eye-catching advertising hoardings to sumptuous editorial features, from tempting food packaging to daily blogs. The Awards celebrate this magnificent diversity in what is truly the stuff of life.
The Awards seek to single out not only technical skill but the originality of treatment and a real sense of connection with the subject matter whatever it may be. Whether simply an apple on a plate, a cake of spun sugar, a baker covered in flour at four in the morning, or a pot simmering on an open fire in the African bush.
There is a different categories:
• Food Film Shorts
• Student Food Photographer of the Year
• On the Phone
• World Food Programme Food for Life
• Food Bloggers
• Food for Celebration
• Marks & Spencer Food Adventures (British Food Festivals)
• InterContinental Food at the Table
• One Vision Imaging Cream of the Crop
• Pink Lady Apple a Day
• Food for Sale
• Errazuriz Wine Photographer of the Year
• Marks & Spencer Food Portraiture
• Production Paradise Food off the Press
• Politics of Food
• Food for the Family
• Bring Home the Harvest
• Food in the Field
• The Philip Harben Award for Food in Action
• Young (Under 18s)
• BBC Good Food Fresh Talent Award
• Fujifilm Award for Innovation
Entries must be digital files, submitted as JPEGs and at 1920 pixels along the longest dimension. Scans of transparencies and negatives are permitted. No borders, watermarks or signatures should be included on the image.
Digitally captured images must be taken on a device that can produce a suitable high resolution file for printing.
For the initial entry into the competition images:
• images must be submitted as JPEG files (jpg or jpeg)
• images files must be no more than 16mb
• images files must be no more than 1920 pixels along the longest dimension
No image which has already won a photographic competition can be entered.
The copyright in all images submitted to the awards will remain with the entrant who will be credited in accordance with the terms and conditions.
If your work is shortlisted:
You must be able to supply a high resolution file, suitable for printing in all media and for inclusion in the Exhibition. These images must have a resolution of at least 300dpi.
Digital files which have been enhanced using photographic editing software must not have had the integrity and subject matter of the photograph changed.
Guidlines for The Video entries to the unearthed® Food Film Shorts category:
Films will be judged on content.
• May be no longer than three minutes in length (180 seconds) including titles.
• Must be no more than 100mb for initial submission.
• Must be U or PG rated in accordance with the British Board of Film Classification guidelines.
• Must comply with Ofcom's Broadcasting Code (in particular your film must be suitable for transmission before 9pm)
• Must comply with the CAP (non-broadcast) Code
• Must be in English or subtitled in English
• Must only use music that you have the rights to use
• Must be sent in digital format
• Must be the work of the entrant
The following formats that will be accepted are H.264 and MPEG 4.
If your work is shortlisted you need to send your work digitally in its highest quality.
You will have the opportunity to see your work displayed in the Mall Galleries, London SW1 in the spring of 2019 in an open-to-the-public exhibition giving your work free high profile exposure. This is intended to help publicise your creativity, and encourage and inspire others to develop their skills in food photography for the following year.
Required entry fee per adult entrant is £30 and allows up to 5 photographic entries. Further entries may be submitted at an additional fee of £6 per entry. Entry to the Young categories (under 18) is free of charge. A maximum of 3 entries may be submitted to the Young (under 18) categories.
The fee required for entries to the On the Phone category is £6 per entry only. To enter the category Food Film Shorts the fee will be £30 per video submitted.
Who can enter?
Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year 2019 is open to professional and amateur alike, in a search for the very best depictions of this marvellously varied subject of food, which unites us all.
You can win 5,000 GBP that is approximately 6,570 USD and the title of Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year 2019 for your outstanding achievement.
In addition, as the winner you will get a dedicated press release promoting your winning image to all national media and photographer/food press, so you will see all your hard work and creativity published and credited in all media made available to the organisers both on and offline to millions of readers and viewers.
Moreover, short-listed entrants will have the opportunity to see their work displayed in the Mall Galleries, London SW1 in the Spring of 2019 in a four-day, open-to-the-public exhibition giving your work free high profile exposure.
For all further informations about the Pink Lady Food Photographer Of The Year 2019 visit the following official website: