Andreu World International Design Contest 2018 now is over!
International annual furniture competition has been recently launched by Andreu World in its 18th edition for 2018 inviting both design students and professionals to take a part and to submit new sustainable designs for a chair or table.
Andreu World now is opened for registration period for its 2018 edition of furniture competition. The assignment of this year is to design a chair or a table. The designs should be sustainable with possible innovative features related to design, quality, technology, production processes, etc.
Since 2000, Andreu World has been holding a juried furniture competition to showcase unique and innovative seating and table design solutions. This event has established itself on the international scene by becoming a showcase for the latest trends in furniture design, as well as a launching pad for new artists.
In order to participate, contestants must design an item of furniture (seat or table) that integrates all the specifications outlined by Andreu World, S.A. in the product briefing and which resolves the accompanying technical and formal challenges in the terms indicated.
You can choose to send a project of:
• Seating: The main material used shall be eech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Chairs may be upholstered to a greater or lesser extent, if considered appropriate and veneered board or plywood
• Tables: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Tables may be veneered board or plywood
The following material must be submitted by each participant:
• A prototype of the proposed piece (scale 1:5).
• A technical report, to be presented on 2 to 4 double-space, single-face A4 typewritten pages. 8 ½ inches x 11 inches pages for projects sent from United States of America.
• CD or USB with plans, diagrams, sketches, reders or pictures from the model.
Particular consideration will be given to innovative contributions (based on a feasibility study), which help to increase the product quality. The following factors will be analyzed:
• Production costs.
• Compliance with the intended functions.
Designs must be submitted in such a manner as to facilitate their mechanized mass production.
The presentation of a creative video explaining the project and/or showing the details and model of the design will be evaluated.
The maximum video duration (*.avi) will be 2 minutes and should be created in widescreen format with a minimum resolution of 1080p (1920x1080) and maximum resolution of 2160p (3840x2160).
File size in avi format cannot exceed )1 Gb).
All products must be original, i.e., they must not reflect previous designs.
All designs presented shall be new, not having been marketed or disclosed prior to the date of the Competition. The use of other materials such as metals, plastics, glass, etc. is allowed when complementary, structural or incidental to the above.
There is no entry fee for this competition.
Who can participate? ⇣
The competition is open both to design students and to professionals,without age limit.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!