Design By Your Side - Medical Furniture Contest now is over!
Design By Your Side - Medical Furniture Contest: Missaglia, company producing furniture and equipment for healthcare, recently has released on Desall.com furniture contest ’Design By Your Side’ inviting all designers to propose a new family of cabinets designed for medical environments, with an innovative design and contemporary style.
Furniture contest is organised by company Missaglia with intend to design a new product that puts the individual at the centre, suggesting a new series of cabinets (wardrobes and various-sizes containers) with an innovative design and a great care for detail, able to fit well with the various areas inside hospitals, nursing homes and private clinics.
In line with the brand values, the cabinets shall have a special care for environmental issues and present themselves as highly innovative products, able to embed state-of-the-art technologies, both electronic and not (i.e. Internet-of-Things IoT, nanotechnologies, etc.) and be open to additive manufacturing technologies, able to ensure a high degree of customisation, especially in the making of accessories, details and components.
For the correct realisation of your proposals, keep into consideration the following guidelines:
• you are invited to propose a family of different-size cabinets to employ in medical environments, with an attention to innovation and a very refined design, specifically designed for improving the usability of the final user and capable of fitting well with the various settings inside the venues where they are employed, putting the individual and its needs at the centre. Keep into consideration that the various cabinets, once placed side by side, might give life to several compositions.
• the cabinets you propose, in addition to performing the main function they are meant for - containing - shall have a special focus on safety, providing locking and/or access control solutions.
In particular, the family of cabinets shall perform the following three functions: 2. Containing clothes and personal belongings of the patients;
3. Containing medicines;
• avoid shapes and elements that may retain dirt, thus impairing the sanitization. The size shall comply with the standard for this product typology and shall allow for a practical movement of the cabinets across the various areas of the venues, passing through standard sized doors (90cm width x 210cm height). The solutions able to address also the needs of people on wheelchairs, with mobility impairments or using medical guards, etc. will be appreciated.
• the cabinets will be employed in medical environments, including hospitals, clinics and nursery homes; they shall be versatile and suitable for being used in different areas inside the venues where are employed, from the entrance hall to the patient rooms and the work spaces reserved to personnel.
• the cabinets you propose shall have an innovative and sober style, with a contemporary design, able to present themselves as technological products in line with the values of the Missaglia brand.
Upload all the images that better present your projects (rendering, descriptions, CAD files, etc.), preferably attaching the 3D files in .stp or .igs formats. If necessary, remember that you can also attach a .ZIP archive containing extra materials.
Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Design By Your Side” will be accepted.
Winner by Missaglia will be the result of an unquestionable evaluation and it will take into account originality, feasibility and consistency with the brief presented.
There is no entry fee for this competition!
Participation is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.
There is no entry fee to participate!