| by InfoDesigners
The Andreu World now is opened for registration period for its 2019 edition. The assignment of this year is to design a chair or a table. The designs should be sustainable with possible innovative features related to design, quality, technology, production processes, etc.
Since 2000, Andreu World has been holding a juried furniture competition to showcase unique and innovative seating and table design solutions. This event has established itself on the international scene by becoming a showcase for the latest trends in furniture design, as well as a launching pad for new artists.
In order to participate, contestants must design an item of furniture (seat or table) that integrates all the specifications outlined by Andreu World, S.A. in the product briefing and which resolves the accompanying technical and formal challenges in the terms indicated.
You can choose to send a project of:
• Seating: For chairs, the main material shall be wood and upholstery. Beech, ash, oak, or walnut should be the wood species utilized, in either solid or plywood version. The Kvadrat textile collections should be used for upholstered pieces. The use of other materials such as metal, thermopolymer, and aluminum will also be accepted. The chair design proposal includes: chairs, armchairs, lounge chairs, stools, benches and sofas.
• Tables: For tables, the principal material shall be “Solid Textile Board by Really” – a high-density material manufactured from Kvadrat textiles at the end of their life-cycle. The use of other materials such as wood, plywood, laminate, glass, metal, thermopolymer, and natural stones will be accepted. The table design proposal includes: meeting table, living tables and occasional tables.
The following material must be submitted by each participant:
• A prototype of the proposed piece (scale 1:5).
• A technical report, to be presented on 2 to 4 double-space, single-face A4 typewritten pages. 8 ½ inches x 11 inches pages for projects sent from United States of America.
• CD or USB with plans, diagrams, sketches, reders or pictures from the model.
Particular consideration will be given to innovative contributions (based on a feasibility study), which help to increase the product quality.
The following factors will be analyzed:
• Production costs.
• Compliance with the intended functions.
Designs must be submitted in such a manner as to facilitate their mechanized mass production.
All products must be original, i.e., they must not reflect previous designs.
• The presentation of a creative video explaining the project and/or showing the details and model of the design will be evaluated.
• The maximum video duration (.avi) will be 2 minutes
and should be created in widescreen format with a minimum resolution of 1080p (1920x1080) and maximum resolution of 2160p (3840x2160).
• File size in avi format cannot exceed 1 Gb.
• The video should be uploaded to the Andreu World contest website.
All designs presented shall be new, not having been marketed or publicized prior to the date of the Contest. The designs submitted must be unpublished and must not have been marketed or published prior to the contest.
The awards ceremony will be held on December 2019.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
The Andreu World International Design Contest 2019 is open worldwide both to design students and to professionals, without age limit.
The following prizes will be awarded by a jury composed of professionals from different sectors:
• 1st prize of 4000 euros
• 2nd prize of 2000 euros
The jury will also award up to a maximum of 4, non-monetary, special mentions.
For all further informations about the Andreu World International Design Contest 2019 visit the following official website here.