Andreu World International Design Contest 2020 now is over!
The Andreu World International Design Contest 2020, international annual furniture design competition has been recently announced, inviting both design students and professionals to take a part and to submit new sustainable designs for a chair or table that integrates all the specifications outlined by Andreu World, S.A.
Andreu World recently has announced its 20th international furniture design competition inviting submissions for 2020 from both students and professionals worldwide.
In order to participate, contestants must design an item of furniture (seat or table) that integrates all the specifications outlined by Andreu World, S.L. in the product briefing and which resolves the accompanying technical and formal challenges in the terms indicated.
The competition briefing implies the following requirements:
• For CHAIRS, the main material shall be wood and upholstery. Beech, ash, oak, or walnut should be the wood species utilized, in either solid or plywood version. The use of other materials such as metal, thermopolymer, and aluminum will also be accepted.
• The chair design proposal includes: chairs, armchairs, lounge chairs, stools, benches and sofas.
• For tables, the principal material shall be wood or in either solid or plywood version. The use of other materials such as laminate, glass, metal, thermopolymer, and natural stones will be accepted.
• The TABLE design proposal includes: meeting table, living tables and occasional tables.
• All designs presented shall be new, not having been marketed or publicized prior to the date of the competition. The designs submitted must be unpublished and must not have been marketed.
• Possible innovative features related to design, quality, technology, production processes, etc. and in general anything that adds value to the presented project.
• Possible adaptation to the product philosophy of Andreu World.
• Production costs and/or recovery.
• Functionality: fulfilment of the functions for which it has been designed.
• All-round simple and viable mass production possibilities.
• Possible versatility and suitability for development in occasional pieces such as stools, easy chairs, sofas, etc. in the case of chairs, and of different sizes and heights in the case of tables.
• Suitability to numerous ambiences and uses such as the home, contract work, etc.
• The presentation of a creative video explaining the project and/or showing the details and model of the design will be evaluated.
• A prototype of the proposed piece (scale 1:5).
• A technical report, to be presented on
• CD or USB with plans, diagrams, sketches, reders or pictures from the model.
• The presentation of a creative video explaining the project and/or showing the details and model of the design will be evaluated. The maximum video duration will be 2 minutes and should be created in widescreen format with a minimum resolution of 1080p (1920x1080) and maximum resolution of 2160p (3840x2160). File size in .avi format cannot exceed 1 Gb.
Particular consideration will be given to innovative contributions (based on a feasibility study), which help to increase the product quality. The following factors will be analyzed:
• Production costs.
• Compliance with the intended functions.
The awards ceremony will be held on December 2020.
There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
This furniture design competition is open both to design students and to professionals, without age limit.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!