Microsoft Dream.Build.Play 2017 Challenge now is over!
Microsoft Dream.Build.Play 2017 Challenge: The Dream.Build.Play 2017 Challenge, the international skill-based game challenge for the best Universal Windows Platform (UWP) for a games has been recently launced by Microsoft inviting all game developers to partecipate.
The object of this game challenge is to recognize the best games for the Universal Windows Platform (“UWP”) platform, in four categories.
Each entry may be submitted in one or more of the following categories:
• Cloud-powered game - Build a game that uses Azure Cloud Services on the backend, like Service Fabric, CosmosDB, containers, VMs, storage, and Analytics. Judges will give higher scores to games that use multiple services in creative ways-and will award bonus points for Mixer integration.
• PC game - Create a Windows 10 game using whatever technology you prefer—even middleware like Unity, Cocos, and GameMaker—and publish it to the Windows Store. Using Windows 10 features like Cortana or Inking will give your game an advantage with the judges.
• Mixed reality game - Create an immersive mixed reality experience that lets players interact with 3D volumetric content in a virtual space. Use whichever tools you prefer (like Unity) to build as long as your game uses Windows Mixed Reality. Judges will prefer games that incorporate audio content.
• Console game - Build a UWP game for the Xbox One console family and incorporate the Xbox Live Creators Program with at least Xbox Live presence. Extra consideration will be given to games that incorporate Xbox Live services like leaderboards and statistics.
Games will be judged for their Fun Factor, Innovation, Production Quality and Business Plan/feasibility.
To create an entry, each Team must create a playable UWP game. An entry consists of the following elements:
• Game Title
• Windows Store ID
- entry must be submitted and approved in the store, but does not need to be publicly available.
• Game Description
- up to a maximum of 2,000 characters. If pre-existing source code is incorporated into the Game, then this pre-existing source code must be clearly identified in the Game Description and must not infringe on any third-party rights, and must be used in accordance with all applicable licensing and use Official Rules;
• Game Icon
- .jpg format. Cannot exceed a maximum file size of 2MB.
• Screen Shots
- five (5) - in .jpg format, which capture the play and style of the Game as accurately as possible and contain no unfinished artwork or graphical artifacts. Each screenshot cannot exceed a maximum file size of 2MB.
• Game Video
- depicts the Game’s functionality and gameplay
- hosted on a publicly accessible, no-password protected website. Game video is subject to the Official Rules of use mandated by the website where hosted.
• Business Plan
- description of your plans on how you’d get your project to market. Up to a maximum of 6,000 characters.
Submited entry must be in English, must be original work of participants and cannot have been selected as a winner in any other Challenge.
There is no entry fee for this competition!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
This competition is open to all developers, working solo or in teams of up to seven. Participants should be at least 18 years old and have all technical programming education, experience and/or knowledge to create games for Universal Windows Platform.