• About •
The “World Manga Senbatsu” is a manga contest held for the past 28 years by Niconico Manga, ComicWalker, and Kochi prefecture’s “Manga Kingdom Tosa promotion council,” and the administrators of the annual “National High School Manga Championship.” The contest has a High School Student Category (1-page manga) and two open categories (1 or multi-page manga), each with different requirements, themes, and formats, and will be open to entries worldwide.
The contest has a three categories:
1) For the High School Student Category please create a 1 page manga based on the theme Fantastic! / Cool! Various events take place every day. They are not always pleasant. Every day is full of situations that are even painful and sad. However, it is in overcoming these events that everyone grows, and little by little, become adults. Please make manga with this image and in the end, make your reader say 'fantastic'. 2) For the Open Category (1 Page Manga) please create a 1 page manga based on the theme Making a comeback / Revive Everyone makes mistakes. At work, and in matters of love, things go wrong. There are catastrophic natural disasters; heavy rain, typhoons, and earthquakes. However, people stand up again and again while facing these events. Please make manga with this message of courage. 3) There is no theme or the Open Category (Story Manga).
Please follow the guidelines below when submitting your application
• 1 page manga - please produce a 1 page manga on B4 size paper (257mm x 364mm) based on the given theme. It is recommended that the image resolution be at 350 dpi for colored works, and 600 dpi for monochrome works. There is no restriction to the panel layout. Applicants can only submit up to 1 application for each category per person.
• Story Manga - please produce between 8 and 32 pages of manga on B4 size paper (257mm x 364mm). It is recommended that the image resolution be at 350 dpi for colored works, and 600 dpi for monochrome works. There is no restriction to the panel layout. Applicants can only submit up to 1 application per person.
• Hand drawn works that are scanned and made into data are also accepted.
• The work can be in any language.
When submitting the work, it should be resized to be about 1000 pixels wide, and saved in either JPEG, PNG, or GIF (non-animated). A single file should also not exceed 10MB.
As a sponsor, Celsys will present free, three month licenses of their manga creation software “Clip Studio Paint EX” to all survey respondents to use in their entries that will stars giving away from August 30, 2019 (you can found this on the official website).
Judging Procedure for the Preliminary Round (Early January 2020):
• 1 Page Manga - High School Student Category - 10 entries will be chosen from the preliminaries.
• 1 Page Manga - Open Category - 5 entries will be chosen from the preliminaries.
• Story Manga - Open Category - No preliminaries held.
Judging Procedure for the Final Round (7th March 2020 (Sat) or 8th (Sun)):
The works that have passed the preliminaries will be judged again at the 6th National Mangaka Daikaigi in Manga Kingdom Tosa in a public judging by a different set of judges.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
• Eligibility •
For the High School Student Category contestants must be 15 years or above and under 19 years as of April 2, 2019. Contestants must be students enrolled in an educational institution (in any country). Both Open Categories is opened to anyone (including high school students).
• Prize •
The Grand Prize winners will receive a cash prizes and the copy of "Clip Studio Paint EX", and Prize for Excellence winners will receive a copy of "Clip Studio Paint PRO".