The 9th ICMA - International Creative Media Award now is over!
The 9th ICMA - International Creative Media Award: The ICMA – International Creative Media Award, a worldwide competition designed to showcase the full spectrum of contemporary graphic design, now in it’s 9th edition calling for entries and invites all persons or companies of any nationality, place of birth or residence to participate.
The ICMA – International Creative Media Award is an international graphic design competition organised by Germany for Corporate Medias, Books, Corporate Design and Magazines. Now in it’s 9th edition like every year it’s calling for entries all persons or companies of any nationality, place of birth or residence to participate.
Traditionally, the ICMA is very well anchored in the German-speaking world. Many submissions to this independent competition come from Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
There are competitions in a lot of countries on custom media, books, corporate design and magazine design, which take place in separated competitions. The ICMA gives an overview of all these areas of contemporary graphic design.
The ICMA award aims to support the exchange of creative ideas on the international platform.
Further objectives of the competition are:
• Disclosing trends: The results of the competition give everyone the opportunity to classify his or her object in international comparison, and to quickly execute optimization measures for his or her own product.
• Impact outwardly: Winners report intensively on the Awards they have won, on their websites and in print media. They thus underscore their standards of quality and at the same time get involved in their own advertising.
• Think tank: Publication of the winners in the ICMA‘s Almanac and on www.icma-award.com promote their own creativity.
There are four main categories:
• Custom media
• Logos and identities
Student work can participate in all categories of the competition.
• You can submit work created between September 1, 2017 and September 30, 2018.
• The participation form for each publication must be completed.
Fill in the entry form and send them a link to the website. Send the completed form to this e-mail address: email@example.com.
• 2 different projects should be sent per submission. This gives the jury a better overview of the concept and design of the magazine.
• Add the entry form to each submission.
• Pdfs from both publications are needed, all pages. Pdfs can be attached to a CD, DVD or USB stick. It is sufficient if the Pdfs are suitable for a picture in a height of about 10 cm. The Pdfs are only used when the publication is awarded.
• If you are participating in multiple projects, it is best to send them all together in a single package.
• In subcategories, such as front pages, cover and cover story, photography, photo reportage, etc. 6 works can be submitted per magazine and per category.
• Please send all submissions well packaged to: ICMA, c/o Norbert Küpper, Gutenbergstr 4, 40670 Meerbusch, Germany
On November 30 the list of winners will be prospectively published on the website www.icma-award.com
An international Jury will decide about awards in gold, silver and bronze. In addition to the main prizes, there are also the “Awards of Excellence” for outstanding individual prizes – are on the list of winners.
Entry fees are:
• Custom media, Magazines, Identities categories: 160 EUR
• Logos: 40 EUR
• Books: 80 EUR
Up to October 10, 2018 for late entries20 % will be charged.
THe 9th ICMA – International Creative Media Award is open to all persons or companies of any nationality, place of birth or residence.