CA Communication Arts - Typography Competition 2019 - GRAPHIC DESIGN COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
The Call for Entries titled CA Communication Arts - Typography Competition 2019 is now open!
CALL FOR ENTRIES - CA Communication Arts Typography annual Graphic Design Competition and one of the most-coveted awards in the industry, has been recently opened for entries for 2019 inviting everyone worldwide to partecipate.
CA Communication Arts Typography, the most prestigious juried Graphic Design Competitions that cover the entire field of visual communications celebrates the best use of typography as the primary visual element in design and advertising, plus new typeface designs, calligraphy and hand lettering.
CA’s Award of Excellence is one of the most-coveted awards in the industry. If chosen, winning places you in the highest ranks of your profession.
Typography Competition Categories:
• Advertising: print/out-of-home advertising, advertising posters, direct mail, etc.
• Brochures: annual reports, brochures, catalogs, corporate literature, etc.
• Posters: concert, performance, exhibition, theater, gallery, etc.
• Ephemera: invitations, announcements, greeting cards, etc.
• Packaging: labels, shopping bags, audio/video/software packaging, etc.
• Books: covers and complete books.
• Periodicals: magazines, newspapers, newsletters, etc.
• Digital Media: websites, blogs, mobile applications, etc.
• Environmental: signage, environmental graphics, museum/tradeshow graphics, etc.
• Identity: logos/trademarks, business papers, collateral, etc.
• Motion: movie/network/program titles, television commercials, web videos, animations, etc.
• Typeface Design: commercially available typefaces and type families.
• Calligraphy/Hand Lettering: hand-drawn type for commercial purposes.
• Miscellaneous: apparel, products for sale, etc.
• Unpublished: experimental/personal work not published.
• Student Work: work created for school assignments.
Entries can be submitted in the following formats:
Print Entries: Must be unmounted and sent to our office by mail/courier. Do not tape series together. Send all multi-page projects—books, annual reports, etc.—in bound form. Any project over 18" x 24" must be submitted as digital images. If you enter a project in multiple categories and wish to submit printed samples, you must send an additional sample for each entry with the appropriate form attached. Wordmarks must be centered on an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet. Place the company name and nature of the business under the mark.
Typeface designs must show a complete character set and a sample setting and fit on a single 11" x 17" sheet. Type families must show a complete character set and a sample setting for each variant. Each variant must fit on a single 11" x 17" sheet.
Digital Images: Must be RGB in JPG format with a maximum width of 1024 pixels and a maximum height of 768 pixels at 72 dpi. NO EXCEPTIONS. Digital images will be projected for the judges using an HD projector on a 6' x 4' screen.
Motion Entries: Must be in MOV, MP4 or MPG format, with a maximum file size of 1 GB. Include 4 seconds of black, no slates or bars, at the beginning of each video and 2 seconds at the end.
Entry fees for this Graphic Design Competition depends of the category and starts from 40$ for the single entry and 80$ for the series.
Entries must be registered no later than Midnight (Pacific Standard Time), September 7, 2018. Entries registered after that date require a late fee of $10 per entry.
No entries can be registered after September 21, 2018.
Who can enter?
CA Communication Arts Typography is dedicate to everyone worldwide.
Chosen by a jury of leading design professionals, the selected entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication Arts Typography Annual, in print and digital editions, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work.
Each winning entrant will receive a personalized Award of Excellence, milled from solid aluminum, and award certificates issued for firms, individuals and clients.
For all further informations about the CA Communication Arts - Typography Competition 2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: