Display Wizard 2018-2019, graphic design competition for stundents has been recently announced for entries, This competition is aimed at helping art, design and marketing students improve their practical skills and gain access to an educational grant as well as providing universities with free marketing materials.
For inspiration, think about your own experiences at the University or College and, in particular, how it benefits your future career prospects. What makes being a student at your institution so unique in this regard? Why would a prospective student looking for a career in a related field want to study your course?
To enter the competition, you need to design two display stands for your University or College that focus on the career benefits of your course:
• 1 x 3x3 EventPro Curved Pop Up Display Stand
• 1 x 800mm Swift Banner Stand
• In your designs, please try and create stands which showcase the job prospects, skills you've acquired and other career benefits of the studying your course at your University or College. You need to ensure the branding is consistent across the display stands and the design fits with the dimensions of the stand, whilst all the time trying to appeal to prospective students who may want to study at your institution.
• To be eligible you will also need to provide a 250-300 word description which explains the inspiration for your designs.
• Please use the two display stand templates (you can find it on the official web site) for your design. Any images and logos you use in your artwork will need to be high-resolution (preferably vectorised) images set up at a minimum of 300dpi. Save and send your artwork through as a print-ready PDF.
• You can submit your essay and two designs to firstname.lastname@example.org. To send files over 10mb, please use WeTransfer
• You can submit only 1 application per student per academic year
The 3 winners will be chosen from the submitted entries by a panel of design professionals from Display Wizard. The winners will be evaluated on how their design and essay conveys the following: • consistent branding across displays;
• appeal to prospective students
• consideration of the stand dimensions in the design proposal
There is no entry fees to participate!
It's free to enter!
The scholarship is open to all undergraduate or postgraduate students taking part in an art, graphic design, visual communication, creative advertising or marketing course at a UK-based University or College. Proof of student status needs to be provided with application.
The students who enter have the chance to benefit from:
• 1st: £500 prize money; 2nd: £100 prize money; 3rd: £50 prize money (grant from Display Wizard)
• 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Display Wizard Certificate and publicity through Blog posts and social media
• 1st, 2nd, 3rd: The chance to work on a real-life marketing project and showcase your work to The Design Council, University marketing department, the large-format print industry and the wider design world
• Summer internship with Display Wizard (optional)
University/College Prizes (To be awarded to the institution of the winning students):
• 1st: One 3x3 EventPro Curved Pop Up Stand with branding designed by student
• 1st, 2nd, 3rd: One Swift Banner Stand with branding designed by student
• 1st, 2nd, 3rd: A useful competition that can be integrated into the course curriculum
Filed under ⇣
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: https://www.displaywizard.co.uk/graphic-design-student-competition