The Graphic Matters 2019, an international, biennial festival about graphic design, now is calling for entries inviting designers from all over the world to design a poster on a topic they care about!
Our world-view is generated by algorithms. Data is ever-present and all around us. More than ever we need people who are openminded and are critical about the information that is presented to them on a silver platter.
Graphic designers create order out of chaos, give insight into complicated matters and have the power to create an emotional response. They visualize urgent topics so everyone can understand them in the blink of an eye. Guidelines:
The theme Information Superpower is all about information design.
In the post-digital age the poster is still a powerful tool to communicate important topics. With this Open Call organizer call upon designers from all over the world to design a poster on a topic they care about!
Show organizer what you care about. Climate change, plastic soup, fast fashion, fake news, fear mongering, privacy or a personal matter. Everything is allowed, as long as you use your "information superpower"! Make a poster in the form of a data visualization, infographic, map or user manual. For the first time organizer also allow moving posters!
• Keep in mind that your poster has to be legible from 3 meters distance.
• You can submit a maximum of 2 posters and 1 moving poster.
• You need to submit new or previously unpublished work.
• A3 (29,7 X 42 cm)
• max 5 MB / 200 dpi
• CMYK color mode
• Keep your explanations brief – 20-100 words
• Keep in mind winners need to submit a new A0 file
• You can submit a maximum of 3 posters
• Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels
• 9:16 ratio
•25 frames per second
•MP4 (H.264 codec)
• Video must be exactly 10 seconds
• Upload your moving poster to Vimeo, Youtube, Dropbox or Google Drive. Make sure it's accessible!
The 7th edition of the festival takes place from September 20th until October 27th in Breda, the Netherlands.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
The Graphic Matters 2019 Open Call is open to all designers from all over the world.
• The winning posters will be exhibited during Graphic Matters from September 20th until October 27th.
• The winning moving posters will also be displayed during DEMO festival in Amsterdam on November 7th.
• 5 VIP winners receive travel budget, an overnight stay and free entrance to th vernissage on September 20th and the festival.
• The remaining winners receive a free festival ticket.
• The winning posters will be printed as a limited edition during Graphic Matters.
• The winners receive their poster when they visit the festival.
• The winning posters will be published. The winners receive 1 publication.