| by InfoDesigners
Kantar Information Is Beautiful Awards 2018
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
The Kantar Information is Beautiful Awards - graphic design competition in its 7th year celebrating awesomeness in data-visualization & infographics across the world, has been recently opened for entries for 2018 inviting all professional practitioners, dataviz studios, agencies & media organizations, as well as students to partecipate.
The Kantar Information Is Beautiful Awards, graphic design competition the competition that celebrates awesomeness in data-visualization & infographics across the world is calling for entries for 2018.
The Kantar Information Is Beautiful Awards were set up in 2012 by David McCandless, journalist and datavisualizer of Information is Beautiful, in collaboration with Aziz Cami, the then Creative Director at Kantar, now succeeded by the current Creative Director, Emma Whitehead.
Any piece created between 1st June 2017 and 7th September 2018 is eligible, as long as you have not entered it in any previous Information is Beautiful Awards. Whether the piece is an infographic or an interactive, their judges will be testing how well the piece illuminates the topic.
The Public competition categories for 2018 include:
• Arts, Entertainment & Pop Culture — graphics inspired by music, film, theatre, dance, literature or any artistic/cultural/creative pursuit
• Breaking News — breaking news stories and published to a tight deadline (max 72 hours)
• Leisure, Games & Sport — sport, hobbies, games & leisure pursuits, including hobbies such as eating, making music and painting
• Maps, Places & Spaces — the natural or built environment, or any map / dashboard / visual that doesn’t fit into other categories
• People, Language & Identity — people, worlds, language, personal or cultural data and the quantified self
• Politics, Global & Humanitarian — society, politics, humanitarian, global, financial or economic issues
• Science & Technology — science, technology, medicine and health
• Unusual — Can’t find a category that matches your work? Enter it in this one.
Each entry must be a separate piece of work. The work can be in any medium (static image, web interactive, app, even sculpture or food) and can be created using any platform or package but must be based around data / information. You may enter as many pieces as you like with a fee paid each time If you are submitting a URL please make sure it will be functional until the end of December 2018.
Please upload images at a minimum of 1024 pixels wide at 72 dpi, ideally 2048 pixels wide at 300dpi.
If your entry is in a language other than English please submit the original foreign language entry and send a translation via email to email@example.com, making sure to include your name and entry details.
• Agencies / Studios / Brands / Companies (3+ team members) USD $200 per piece entered
• Media Outlets / NGOs / Gov't / Education USD $100 per piece entered
• Solo Practitioners / Small Companies (1-3 team members) USD $50 per piece entered
• Students / members of the public whose work has not been professionally commissioned or published - Free
Kantar Information Is Beautiful Awards is open to alll professional practitioners, dataviz studios, agencies & media organizations, students and members of the public.
1st price: $5,000
The following prices will be awarded:
• Gold ($1,000), Silver ($500) and Bronze ($250) in each of the following categories: Arts, Entertainment & Pop Culture; Breaking News (NEW!); Leisure, Games & Sport; Maps, Places & Spaces; People, Language & Identity; Politics, Global & Humanitarian; Unusual; Science & Technology.
Special Award Categories (at judges' discretion)
• $1,000 in each of the following: Best Non-English Language, Best Studio, Best Individual, Rising Star, Visitors' Vote
• $5,000 ultimate prize: Most Beautiful
For all further informations about the competition Kantar Information Is Beautiful Awards 2018 or to submit your works visit the following official website: