Morisawa Type Design Competition 2019 - GRAPHIC DESIGN COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
The Call for Entries titled Morisawa Type Design Competition 2019 is now open!
Morisawa Type Design Competition 2019
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
Morisawa Type Design Competition 2019 is graphic design competition recently announced for new Kanji or Latin typeface designs by any individual, group or nationality.
The call for entries for graphic design competition titled Morisawa Type Design Competition 2019 has been announced. Submission period will starts from 1 November 2018.
Morisawa Type Design Competition has been giving birth to new typeface designs for decades since the first competition held in 1984. Through entries with bold ideas and new attempts in anticipation with unprecedented expressive capacity, the last competition in 2016 received more than 700 entries from 49 countries and regions, including both Kanji and Latin categories.
The award categories for 2019 are:
• Morisawa Award — Entry works are to be judged for creativity and excellence of design. Either or both of Kanji and Latin categories may be chosen. There is no limit to the number of submissions per entrant.
• People’s Choice — The general public is invited to cast a vote for a favorite entry work online starting on May 2019. The entry works for Morisawa Award can be registered. Entry to the People’s Choice is optional.
• Akashi Award — Entry works are to be judged for high degree of perfection and proposal abilities against the theme. Entry to Akashi Award is optional. This time, the theme is “Variable fonts”. There is no distinction between the Kanji and Latin categories. Morisawa Inc. will examine entries for Akashi Award. The judges will comprehensively evaluate whether your work is new and progressive as a variable font.
There is no limit to the number of submissions per entrant.
Entry sheets must be A3 format in size (297mm x 420mm).
In free presentation sheet, you are free to use any character size and to set any way you want. However, names of entrants, their membership organizations and typefaces should not be appeared in the sentence. Using the existing typefaces is also prohibited.
It is accepted 1 weight as 1 work (entry). In cases where you are planning to submit a font family, there is a special work ID. Please obtain the ID for each weight (or style).
Your entry works will be printed for the screening meeting. In Application Guideline, the format is set as:
- “0-4 Blank Space must be white and typeface color must be black only”
- To make preparation for judgement be proceeded smoothly, please refrain the use of RGB or CMY, and use K100% only. Please check that a halftone dot does not occur in your printed work.
“0-7 Scanned image must have resolution of at least 600 dpi. This is necessary to ensure that quality of entries can be fairly judged.”
Entry works must be submitted in digital files. No actual pieces sent by mail are accepted.
The general public is invited to cast a vote for a favorite entry work online starting on May 2019.
Winners will be notified by e-mail, and publicly announced on both competition official website and Morisawa corporate website.
There is no entry fees to partecipate!
It's free to enter!
This graphic design competition is open to any individual, group or nationality.
• Morisawa Award
Winners receive a testimonial, a trophy and a sub-prize money.
- Kanji category - Gold Prize: JPY 1 million (1 work) / Silver Prize: JPY 500,000 (1 work) / Bronze prize: JPY 300,000 (1 work) / Honorable Mention: JPY 50,000 (3 works)
- Latin category - Gold Prize: JPY 1 million (1 work) / Silver Prize: JPY 500,000 (1 work) / Bronze prize: JPY 300,000 (1 work) / Honorable Mention: JPY 50,000 (3 works)
• People’s Choice
Winners receive a testimonial, a trophy and a gift.
• Akashi Award
Prize money : JPY 500,000 (Up to 3 works)
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the competition Morisawa Type Design Competition 2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://competition.morisawa.co.jp/en/
Organizer: Morisawa Inc
Category: GRAPHIC DESIGN COMPETITION
Official Website: Link
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Published by: InfoDesigners
Listed by: InfoDesigners