World Food Day 2019 will mark the 74th anniversary of FAO’s founding.
One of the most celebrated days in the UN calendar, events organized by FAO country offices, governments, local authorities and other partners in over 130 countries across the world will call for creating a poster that illustrates how each one of us can improve our diets.
Organiser is calling on children and teens all over the world, from age 5 to 19, to use their imagination and create a poster that illustrates their idea of what needs to be done to make healthy diets available for everyone and how each of us can improve our diets.
All participants are encouraged to read about the World Food Day theme in the World Food Day Activity Book that shows why healthy eating matters and how everyone can come together and take action to achieve better nutrition and #ZeroHunger.
As overweight and obesity rates soar worldwide, this year’s World Food Day calls for action to make healthy and sustainable diets available and affordable to everyone.
The competition is divided into four categories:
• ages 5 to 8
• ages 9 to 12
• ages 13 to 15
• ages 16 to 19
• Take a photo or scan your poster and submit your entry.
• Only 1 entry per person is allowed.
• Only digital files saved as a JPEG will be accepted.
• Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolour paint, as well as mixed media. Digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
• Poster entries may or may not include text. If text is used, no more than 25 words or 100 characters can be accepted.
• All artwork must be original and should not include photographic images of the contestant or other personal information.
• Working on an A4 sheet or an 8½ inches by 11 inches sheet is recommended, to make it easier for you to scan and upload your poster design. If your poster is larger, you may have to take a digital photo of the work and upload the photo file.
The 15 posters in each category (60 posters) will be selected for the shortlist by the screening committee. Shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate for this achievement. The 3 winning poster designs in each age category will be selected by the jury and announced on the official website in December. Winners will be promoted by FAO offices around the world and receive a surprise gift bag and Certificate of Recognition.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
This competition is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world.
The 3 winning poster designs will be selected as finalists by a jury in each category. The top 3 poster designs in all categories will be announced on the World Food Day website. Winners will also be promoted on FAO social media and by FAO offices around the world, and they will also receive a Certificate of Recognition and a surprise gift bag.
Organizer: Food and Agriculture Organization
Published by: InfoDesigners