New life for fibres now is over!
New life for fibres: New Idea competition, ’New life for fibres’ has been recently organized by dbt FIBRE and released on the site Desall.com inviting all to suggest new applications for the semi-finished textile products, exploring fields other than yarn making or similar.
The dbt FIBRE, world leader in the utilisation of textile fibres, recently has announced new idea competition titled New life for fibres. This competition is looking for new business ideas, applications, contexts of use or product concepts for its own semi-finished textile products and invites you to explore industries other than yarn making or similar.
• Contest objective: you are invited to suggest new contexts of use and applications for the semi-finished textile products by dbt FIBRE, suggesting markets where the company has not yet entered, exploring industries other than textile, yarn-making or similar, taking into consideration the technical characteristics of the fibres and their processability.
• Product typology: the semi-finished textile products by dbt FIBRE are tops consisting of mixed fibres, made of polyamide, acrylic, polyester, viscose/rayon/lyocell, acetate, polypropylene, aramid, wool, linen or cotton. Their aspect and characteristics may be altered by using a different mixture of the fibres (natural and synthetic, short-staple or long-staple).
• Characteristics of the tops: depending on the materials used in the fibre mixture, the tops will have different properties and characteristics, that might be transferred to the materials they are possibly combined with.
• Applications: beyond the textile industry, today the dbt FIBRE semi-finished textile products are employed in the decoration sector (i.e. decoration for Easter eggs, fake snow, etc.) or for some industrial products, where the fibres are combined with other materials to transfer – for example – their properties of channelling liquids (for ex. the filter of felt pens, air freshener, etc.). You are free to suggest other fields or applications for products where the semi-finished textile top is used at the current raw state or after additional processing. In order to make your project even more interesting and feasible, you are invited to suggest applications requiring the least number of post processes. You can find some examples in the Inspiration tab.
Upload all the images and possible textual descriptions that better describe your projects (rendering, descriptions, etc.). If necessary, you may also attach slides or other information materials, to be included in a ,ZIP archive.
Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “New life for fibres” will be accepted.
• Technical feasibility (5/5)
• Economic sustainability (5/5)
• Degree of innovation (5/5)
• Selling potential (4/5)
• Project presentation (3/5)
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
This idea competition is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.