Organized by Shenzhen OCT Culture Group CO.,Ltd and Hiiibrand the Little Hakka International Picture Book Award 2019 is now in its 3nd edition and calling for entries inviting all publishers, illustrators, creative institutions, teachers and students worldwide to partecipate.
This Award aims at encouraging and rewarding all the publishing agencies and individuals who devote themselves to the creations of Picture Book and also aims at exploring some talents and awesome works from home and abroad as well as creating more opportunities for the international exchange and cooperation among publishers, picture book authors and illustrators.
• Professional Group
Entrants can be publishing agencies, corporations or individuals. There is no restriction to the entry's publishing units or place of publication.
Collective participants of publishing agencies are welcomed and any agencies or press with 5 entries in this competition will have the opportunity to be qualified for the Excellent Publication Award.
Both completed ones and the uncompleted ones are acceptable.
Entrants should be either corporations or individuals. Entries from publishing press or unit will not be accepted.
Your entry should be applicable to Android，iOS，Kindle，ePub3，game consoles and internet, etc.
This category is set up to reward those entries that create stories for children with apps and networks, and that have made achievements in the field of children's education and entertainment with interactive media. The product should be designed for children between 2 and 15 years of age.
Participants can be publishing units, corporations or individuals.
• Children’s Group (Unpublished)
Entrants of the children's group should be between 4 and 14 years of age. Both completed ones and the uncompleted ones are acceptable. Entrants can be children, parents, advisors or guidance institutions.
• Theme Group
Your entry should take Little Hakka as the main creative object. According to the description of Little Hakka, the quantity of characters can be added or decreased, and details of characters can be created freely.
Your entry should be unpublished original story with clear logic and positive content. The committee shall have the right to refuse any entry that infringes upon any culture or morality and that does not meet the criteria of the competition.
Your style and form are not limited. Both completed work and the uncompleted work are acceptable. Participants can be publishing units, corporations or individuals.
Little Hakka (Hakka Baby, Hakka Sisters) Characters:
① Hakka: 6 years old, wearing a traditional Hakka summer hat. She is the successor of that magic hat, and the main character of Little Hakka series IP.
② AMei: the happiest angel. For her, the happiest thing is to lead the way for the visitors of the town.
③ Dangdang Dog: wherever AMei goes, he follows. He is brave, loyal and lovely.
④ Liangliang Cat: always jumps up and down, the most naughty brat.
If you submit online you need to send following details:
1. Your email address you registered in offical website, which the committee will contact you by this email address.
2. The title and description of your works. If you put in English for them, it is must be let the judges get more understanding to your works.
3. Any digital files saved as JPG, 72 dpi, RGB (not CMYK), 1024 pixels on the longest side, less than 500KB.
4. DO NOT identify your name or your design firm's name anywhere on the materials.
If you submit via email you need to send following details:
1. Please download and fill in the submit sheet that you can find it on the officia website. This only applies to email submission. If you choose online submission, please ignore this item.
2. The images should be in .JPG format, RGB and 72 dpi. The audio or viedo files should be in .mp3 or .mp4 format.
No limitation to the quantity of the entries，but each entry should include at least 10 images.
• Your entry should be created or first published between January 2015 and August 2018 in any countries or regions with unlimited quantity.
• No limitation to the quantity of the entries，but each entry should include at least 10 images.
About 20-30% works will enter the shortlist. All the entries on the shortlist will be exhibited. All the winners and those whose works are exhibited will get certificates. Selected entrants will be released and informed by the committee in October 2019. Participants who have entered the shortlists need to send the picture book in kind to the committee by November 20th 2019.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
The Little Hakka International Picture Book Award opens to publishers, illustrators, creative institutions, teachers and students worldwide.
For the 3rd Little Hakka International Picture Book Award competition, the organizers offer a total of $36,800 in prizes. All shortlisted entries, including the winner’s works, will be exhibited. Winners will also get certificates.