| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
Infected By Art Book - Volume 7 - International Illustration competition
This competition has expired on
The Call for artists is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Infected By Art is an annual Illustration Competition, recently announced that connects artists to a global audience through its on-line public submission and viewing process seeking the best artwork in the genre of imaginative realism.
Infected By Art - Volume 7 is an artist call for entries recently organised by IBA that like every year connects artists to a global audience through its on-line submission and viewing process. Organizer of this book contest are looking for the very best in imaginative realism artworks. It is the only open competition that truly gives back to its artists.
Organizer are looking for the very best in imaginative realism artworks.
You can submit your entries in the following categories:
• All mediums are accepted including traditional painting, digital painting, drawing and sculpture.
• Artists are allowed to submit up to 10 works of art. Artists who submit at least 3 paid entries to the competition and make it into the book will receive a copy of IBA7 when it ships.
• All submitted images must be in the form of digital files. Organizer do not accept Original Art.
• Images must be in JPEG/JPG, Tiff format, and must be no smaller than 1MB per image, but there is no minimum or maximum image size, however, if your image(s) is selected to be a part of the book, organizer will need a hi-res image to print from. Once the jury has selected the artworks for the book they will also send out a request for an updated print ready file to be used for publication. When you upload your image to the competition they recommend an image that is 300 DPI and no taller than 2,000 pixels.
• Image Creation Artworks must be created in the last two years prior to the start of the submission period, i.e. after September 3, 2016.
• Any Un-published Artwork (Printed in NOT more than a 1000 copy run) is eligible. If a contestant self-published and/or the run was limited to less than 1000 copies, or the Artwork was displayed digitally elsewhere on the internet but nor published in print form in access of 1000 copies, then it is acceptable for submission.
• Categories and Competitions Images must conform to the thematic descriptions of competitions and categories into which they are entered.
• An image may be entered into only one category (i.e Fantasy, Horror, Illustrated, Science Fiction) An image may NOT be entered into future IBA competitions with the same name, but may be entered in any other IBA competitions having different names if the Image is NOT selected for Publication.
• Images printed in any Competition IBA art book, may NOT be re-submitted into future competitions.
Every Artist always retains 100% copyright control over their images.
The Jury Panel comprised of four individuals entrenched in the creation of imaginative realism artworks: Thomas Kuebler, Yoann Lossel, Dave Seeley, and Cynthia Sheppard, will select the most deserving images for publication in the IBA7 book and pick the top artworks for Cash prizes. Competition winners will be notified via email and winning images will be featured in their online winners galleries and possibly other digital/print promotional materials.
Fees are specified for single entries as well as multiple entries. Artists can submit up to 10 pieces of artwork to the competition. Each entry costs $10, with the 5th and 10th entries being free of charge.
Who can enter?
Professional and Emerging Artists from anywhere in the world are invited to participate in the "Infected By Art Competition".
The following prize will be awarded:
Jury Panel Prizes:
Grand Prize Winners
• 1st Place: Grand Prize Winner: $1,000
• 2nd Place: Grand Prize Winner: $500
• 3rd Place: Grand Prize Winner: $250
• 4th Place: Grand Prize Winner: $125
• 5th Place: Grand Prize Winner: $125
Body of Work Award:
• 1st Place: - Grand Prize Winner: $500
This award will be voted on only by those artists who are participating in IBA 7. Each artist who submits at least 6 works of art qualifies who has not won in the past 5 years. Organizer will email every artist who has submitted work to IBA 7 and ask them to select an artist's work they feel should receive this award. They'll have more details after the close of IBA 7's submission period on how the selection process works, and when the voting period for this award will take place.
Certificates of Merit (Gold, Silver, and Bronze Medal) in each of the Following Medium Categories:
• Oil/Acrylic/Paint: Gold, Silver, Bronze Certificate
• Mixed Media: Gold, Silver, Bronze Certificate
• Digital/Photoshop: Gold, Silver, Bronze Certificate
• Pen/Ink/Pencil: Gold, Silver, Bronze Certificate
All honored entries in each category are guaranteed to be printed full page in Infected by Art Volume 7.
Furthermore, artists who submit at least 3 paid entries into the competition and make it into the book will receive a free copy of IBA7 when it ships (artists who reside outside the USA and UK will have to pay shipping).
For all further informations about the Infected By Art Book - Volume 7 visit the following official website: