| by InfoDesigners
The JIA Illustration Award, an Illustration Competition organised by Japan Illustrators’ Association, the most popular organisation of professional illustrators in Japan, has been recently opened for entries accepting applications from around the world.
The Illustration Award is held annually since 2000, drawing thousands of professional and amateur talents worldwide.
There are no themes.
• You can apply for works of any genre, including handwritten works, digital works, and three-dimensional works.
• All entries must be the original work of the entrant which have not been used for jobs.
• There is no limit to the number of entries.
• Images must be in electronic format (JPEG files), color mode should be RGB.
• The width and the heights should be within 2,000 pixels.
• name the file like this: First name_Last name_number.jpg (ex. andy_warhol_1.jpg).
If your work is hand drawing works - scan them or take photos and turn them into digital data.
If your work is three-dimensional works - take 3 photos of each work from 3 directions and make them one set.
You can send your entry from April 1st to June 30th.
The copyright of the images remains with the authors.
• 1 image: 3,700 yen (approx. 33 USD)
• 2 images: 6,900 yen (approx. 62 USD)
• 3 images: 10,100 yen (approx. 91 USD)
• 4 images: 13,300 yen (approx. 120 USD)
• 5 images: 16,500 yen (approx. 149 USD) and so on.
Who can enter?
The JIA Illustration Award 2019 is open to anyone worldwide.
The folowing prizes will be awarded:
• Grand Prix: 300,000 yen (approx. 2,825 USD)
• Judge’s Special Prize: 100,000 yen (approx. 905 USD)
• Holbein Prize: Acryla Gouache 102 Colors
• Silver Prize (10): 20,000 yen each (approx. 180 USD)
• Bronze Prize (40): Certificate of commendation
Furthemore, the prize winners will appear in the Japan Illustrators’ Association annual book.
For all further informations about the JIA Illustration Award 2019 visit the following official website here.