| by InfoDesigners
Illustration competition titled KeyColours Competition 2018
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
Organizer: Clavis Publishing
Link: Official Website
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Clavis Publishing and the city of Hasselt launch the 12th edition of Key Colours, the two-yearly international illustration competition for illustrators of children’s books dedicate for children from 2 to 7 years old and open to everyone, regardless of experience.
The KeyColours Award 2018 is an international illustration competition for illustrators of children’s books, now in its 12th edition like every year is open to everyone, regardless of experience.
The work needs to contain the following elements:
1. A story need to be for children aged 2 to 7 years old, written on not more than 4 A4 sheets and divided in as many text blocks as there will be in the book.
2. A full-sized pencil drawn scale-model with all plates of the book as they will be elaborated later on. The text blocks are indicated on all these pages.
3. Three of the above mentioned plates need to be fully elaborated in colour over at least 1 page. The chosen technique is free. Coloured copies are allowed but the jury will judge whether or not the quality of the copies is accepted.
4. A closed envelope containing the filled in answer strip.
5. The story must be told and illustrated in exactly 24 pages, or 12 double pages.
6. The text must be sent in the original language. If the original language is not the Dutch, French, English or German language, a translation in one of those four languages should be added.
It is allowed to participate digitally.
You send your work by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Your e-mail is maximum 20 MB. The digital entry contains the following elements: 1. A story for children aged 2 to 7 years old, written on not more than 4 A4 sheets and divided in text blocks. 2. A full-sized pencil drawn dummy with all plates of the book as they will be elaborated later on. The text blocks are indicated on all these pages. Maximum 100 dpi. 3. Three of the above mentioned plates fully elaborated in colour. The chose technique is free. Maximum 100 dpi. 4. The filled in answer strip. You name the attachments with the title of your work and a number (1,2,3,4 ...). If your digital entry is selected for the exhibition, you send coloured prints in due time.
You can choose one of the following formats:
• 250 x 260 mm
• 290 x 210 mm (portrait or landscape)
• 235 x 325 mm
Each illustrator may participate in the contest, notwithstanding nationality, language or experience. Participation of groups is allowed as well. The original drawings should be full size, with a bleed of 5 mm.
A professional jury will judge the artistic, literary and child-oriented qualities of the works.
There is no entry fee for this competition.
This competition is open to everyone, regardless of experience from all over the world.
The winner receives 7.500 EUR and the winning work will be published by Clavis publishing. From all the entries a selection will be made for the exhibition on children’s books illustrations in Hasselt, which may travel around afterwards. Apart from the winner, other entries may also be considered for publication by Clavis. The award and the resulting picture books will be largely discussed in the press and at book fairs abroad. For many illustrators, this unique award is the start of a successful international career.
For all further informations about the competition KeyColours Competition 2018 or to submit your works visit the following official website:SUBMIT NOW!