"Spirito di Vino" International Illustrators Competition - International Illustration competition
| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Spirito di Vino, international Illustration Competition organised by Movimento Turismo del Vino Friuli Venezia Giulia, now is opened for entries in its 2019 edition dedicate to artists of satirical cartoons concerning the world and culture of wine.
Spirito di Vino is in its 20th edition! Sunday 26 May 2019 is the date chosen for the official opening of the "Spirito di Vino" International Illustrators Competition which is held annually by the Wine Tourism Movement of Friuli Venezia Giulia, which brings together the most beautiful and amusing satirical cartoons on the theme of wine made from cartoonists around the world.
Spirito di Vino (“Spirit of Wine”) is the international competition of “wine satire” born in the 2000’s by virtue of the Movimento Turismo del Vino Friuli Venezia Giulia, for give the young cartoonist the possibility of illustrate the world of wine in an original way, through the scratchy language of the satire. Since its first edition, Spirito di Vino has been particularly focussed on young artists, who have always proved very willing to take part in the initiative. Today Movimento Turismo del Vino is still carrying out this project with passion and momentum with the aim of raising awareness, not only among young people but also among wine lovers from all around the world, on the need to drink responsibly. Cartoonists taking part to the competition are divided in two groups:
• Artists from 18 to 35 years old
• Artists older than 36 years
• The satirical cartoons can be drawn manually with any technique, black and white or colour, only in A3 format with 1 cm of external border. Each participant is entitled to only submit 1 work. The works drawn using digital techniques will also be taken into consideration.
• The images must be original and autographed, signed in a non-invasive manner with © Name and Surname of the author positioned in the corners of the work or on the back.
• The hard copies of the works shall be sent (properly protected) by registered mail, together with a signed copy of the registration form filled in every section, to the following address: Movimento Turismo del Vino Friuli Venezia Giulia - Via del Partidor, 7 – 33100 Udine (Italy).
• In addition, the works shall also be uploaded on the contest's website, together with the registration form, in .jpg and high resolution (300 dpi) format.
Movimento Turismo del Vino selected a jury made of great masters of the Italian satire, such as Giorgio Forattini, Alfio Krancic, Emilio Giannelli, Valerio Marini and other leading personalities from the world of cartoons, graphics and food&wine. The jury will assess the capacity of the cartoonists to best interpret the proposed topic showing their manual designing skills, creativity and a precise technique.
The award ceremony will take place during the Friuli DOC festival (traditional early autumn festival with the best of the region’s food, wine and typical products) in Udine (Italy), on Autumn 2019. During the awarding ceremony, the works selected by the jury for the finals will be put on display. A booklet with the works displayed at the exhibition will be published and one copy will be distributed to each author of the selected works and, upon request, to the authors of the works excluded from the selection. The event will be promoted in the Italian and foreign press. The exhibition could then become itinerant and put on display in other locations to be defined.
There is no entry fee for this competition.
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
Italian and foreign artists can participate in the competition, only individually, from 18 years of age in 2019.
The prizes up for grabs for the three winners will be distributed as follows:
• 1° prize - “under”: 75 bottles
• 2° prize - “under”: 50 bottles
• 3° prize - “under”: 25 bottles
• 1° prize - “over”: 75 bottles
• 2° prize - “over”: 50 bottles
• 3° prize - “over”: 25 bottles
For all further informations about the "Spirito di Vino" International Illustrators Competition visit the following official website: