World Illustration Awards (WIA) 2018 - International Illustration competition
| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
This competition has expired on
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: The World Illustration Awards, the most comprehensive and significant award and Illustration Competition in the UK organised by AIO (Association of Illustrators) in partnership with the Directory of Illustration, has been recently opened for entries for 2018 inviting all illustrators in any country working in any medium or content to partecipate.
The World Illustration Awards 2018 is opened for entries, the most comprehensive and significant award and Illustration Competition in the UK.
This is the most prestigious juried illustration Awards globally, respected by illustrators, agents and commissioners alike.
Illustrators in any country working in any medium or content can enter work created between January 2017 and February 2018.
The World Illustration Awards promotes exceptional work by illustrators and presents illustration as a major force in global visual culture. The awards are international and open worldwide to illustrators working across all sectors and in any medium.
Work must be entered into one of the 8 categories. These are very broadly defined to welcome work of all types and in all contexts where illustration is used.
World Illustration Awards (WIA) include the following 8 categories for 2018:
• Children’s Books
• Site Specific
Single entry: 1 image or 1 moving image link: £25 / $33 / €30
Multiple Entry: Up to 5 images (or combination of still and moving images): £45 / $60 / €54
Who can enter?
This competition is opene to all Illustrators in any country working in any medium or content.
Awards include cash prizes for the Overall Winners, exhibitions, software, hardware, huge publicity and annual AIO memberships.
• Selected entries will be promoted across our extensive industry networks as soon as they come in.
• All entrants have their work seen and judged by industry professionals, which may lead to commissions.
• All 200 shortlisted and winning entries are included in a full colour, 128-page catalogue, direct mailed to 1,300 major commissioners worldwide.
• All shortlisted and winning entries will be showcased on the Awards site in dedicated online portfolios.
• All shortlisted artists will have their work promoted across the AOI’s industry networks.
• All shortlisted and winning entries will be presented in a high-profile exhibition at Somerset House, London held in June 2018.
• All shortlisted entries have the opportunity to be selected for a touring exhibition which receives over 40,000 visitors every year.
For all further informations about the World Illustration Awards (WIA) 2018 visit the following official website: