This December will see the return of the London Illustration Fair 2018 celebrating its 5th birthday. This annual illustration exhibition is artist-led illustration, print and graphic design fair, bringing artists and buyers together in a unique environment. The fair offers the chance for illustration lovers to come face to face with their favourite artists and discover amazing new artwork from emerging illustrators.
Organiser are looking for illustrators, graphic designers and creative crafts people looking to exhibit and sell their work to an audience of art buyers, gallery owners, creative agencies and everyone in-between. They also offer the option of a table space alongside their regular stands. This is to encourage a wider selection of craftspeople such as jewellery designers, fashion print designers, zine makers & publishers as well as illustrators at the start of their career.
If you are looking to take part in The London Illustration Fair you will need to supply a single sided A4 pdf with the following information:
• Your name, website, email and contact phone number
• 3 images of your work detailing its title, price, size and medium
• Your desired stand/stall size & commission rate
• Your second choice of stand size
• No more than 100 words on your artwork and your artistic practice
• No more than 100 words on your plans for the illustration fair, including any live or participatory elements you are planning for the event
Your Application pdf will help the judging panel make their final decision so please make your application as clear as possible.
Applications must be a single side A4 pdf only. If you are a collective or looking to share a stand you may provide a two-page pdf.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ’APPLICATION2018’.
Applying artists are encouraged to offer a live hands-on element to their stand. This interaction helps to create a positive and creative environment throughout the event by encouraging public engagement. Past activities have included creative workshops, live drawing, live printing, personalised gift cards, raffles etc.
The venue is the Bargehouse on London’s Southbank. The space is a 4-storey raw warehouse within Oxo Tower Wharf that showcases a variety of exhibitions and creative events throughout the year. For The London Illustration Fair 2018 it will provide a unique, exciting and versatile backdrop to the events artwork, workshops and activities, with over 10,000sq ft of floor space to play.
The three-day event will run from Friday 30th of November until Sunday 2nd of December with a launch party on Thursday 29th Nov from 6pm onwards. Event opening hours are: Fri: 11am - 8pm, Sat: 11am - 8pm, Sun: 11am - 6pm, artists should be at the venue half an hour before the event starts.
Set-up will take place on Wednesday 28th of November and take down will be on Sunday 2nd from 6pm onwards.
• Table Stall = £175 (25% commission) or £225 (10% commission) Includes a 6ft table and a 6ft line to hang work from (limited availability. Priority given to smaller based crafts).
• 12ft Stand = £275 (25% commission) or £425 (10% commission) Wall space 12ft wide and 8ft high.
• 16ft Stand = £375 (25% commission) or £525 (10% commission) Wall space 16ft wide and 8ft high.
• 20ft Stand = £500 (25% commission) or £650 (10% commission) Wall space 20ft wide and 8ft high.
• 24ft Stand = £625 (25% commission) or £800 (10% commission) Wall space 24ft wide and 8ft high.
It's free to enter!
The London Illustration Fair 2018 is open to illustrators, graphic designers and creative crafts people looking to exhibit and sell their work to an audience of art buyers, gallery owners, creative agencies and everyone in-between.
Organizer: London Illustration Fair
Published by: InfoDesigners