| by InfoDesigners
The winners have been announced on
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
industrial design competition
Official Website: Link
In the ongoing transition towards a dematerialized world, wood is proving to be a key material to “tie” design at the solid state to design at the digital state. On the one hand, wood is as old as the mankind; on the other, its “anthropological” lightness is well suited to the light taste of digitality, meant not only as technology but also as implementation of new sets of gestures interwoven with digital ends (looking at the tablet while watching TV on the couch, placing your smartphone on the first surface encountered upon entering home, forgetting the phone on, etc.). From this viewpoint, this design competition invites designers to think about wood as a bridge between solid reality and digital reality, called upon to “warm up” digitality through its inclusion in the behavioural dimension inscribed in the system of furnishing pieces. More specifically, participants are requested to design chairs, tables, bookcases, shelves, lamps, etc., that will work as a daily support for the new digital sensibility, either by enhancing furniture with technological equipment for devices or by just providing an aesthetic counterpart to the digital-related behaviours.
Basically, suggest projects
- which fall into the furniture, lighting and home accessories categories (NO clocks, gifts, accessories, children toys and furniture, cooking utensils etc.);
- That are mostly made of wood (solid wood, wood panels);
- For any secondary material you can use ceramic, upholstered furniture with various finishes, metal sheets manufacturing through cold stamping, 2d and 3d laser cut – used by our companies (so no 100%, fabric, glass, plastic, marble, rock, Corian, etc...);
- that can easily be packaged with packaging of up to 230 cm in length and weighing up to 30 kg each per package;
- that can be easily assembled and installed by the buyer;
- that are eco-design inspired.
Send your project online, free of charge. Enter as SINGLE USER, COMPANY or GROUP.
The international furniture design competition is open to everyone provided that he/she is over 18 years of age.
The Technical Committee - for this contest, chaired by Stefano Caggiano, Design expert and exponent of new design languages project - will select at least 2 projects to prototype as well as sell on the formabilio.com website. We highly appreciate the opinion of our users, therefore, at least one of the projects chosen by the Technical Committee will be selected from the group of 10 projects that received the highest rating from the community.
The Designers of the winning projects identified by the Formabilio jury will be entitled to a 7% fee on the sale of the products found on Formabilio.com.
For all further informations about the competition Digital Wood or to submit your works visit the following official website:SUBMIT NOW!