International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) 2016 - INDUSTRIAL DESIGN COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
The Call for Entries titled International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) 2016 is now open!
International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) 2016
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
The Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) has launched the 2016 International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA), one of the world's most prestigious and rigorous industrial design competition, recognizing and promoting design excellence across a wide array of industries and disciplines.
The best of the best win IDEA and are recognized as shining examples of design excellence. Winning entries are displayed in design exhibits and publications throughout the year, receive worldwide recognition and are honored with a place in the permanent collection of The Henry Ford Museum.
Companies, designers and students from around the world are invited to submit innovative design projects, which benefit users, clients and society.
Submitted products must have been placed in distribution between March 2014 and March 2016. This period is also valid for Student and Design Concept entries. The time frame for Research designs is March 2011 – March 2016.
The International Design Excellence Awards have been honoring and promoting design excellence for 35 years. Last year, the competition received more than 1,700 entries from around the world.
IDEA 2016 winners will be honored at a Ceremony and Gala at the annual IDSA International Conference in Detroit, Michigan on 17-20 August, 2016.
Entries for IDSA Members cost $325 per entry, $475 for Non-Members. The entry fee for Student IDSA Members is $125 and $175 for Non-Members.
Entries submitted after 18 March 2016 will be considered late, and charged an additional fee.
This competition is open to companies, designers and students from around the world.
IDEA winners receive significant, international publicity and exposure.Winners become part of the permanent collection of The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn.
- Publicity + Exposure + Recognition
- Winners become part of the permanent collection of The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI
- Coverage in IDSA's online gallery of winners
- Trophies for both GOLD and SILVER winners (Additional trophies may be purchased separately)
Gold, Silver and Bronze winners are included in IDSA's INNOVATION Yearbook (Full-color image and description). Finalists have the opportunity to purchase ‘featured’ positions in both the yearbook and on the IDSA website.
- Copy of the INNOVATION Yearbook for Gold, Silver and Bronze winners. (Note: All IDSA members automatically receive a copy with membership)
- Exhibition of IDEA winners at IDSA's International Conference (space permitting), excluding shipping & handling for products not previously sent to the final judging round.
- License to display IDEA winner logo on winning product's website, packaging, advertising and merchandising materials.
- Attendance at the Awards Ceremony at IDSA's International Conference.
- IDEA Party after the ceremony is approximate ($250). This cost is, however, is already included if registered for the entire conference.
Call For Entries Info ↓
For all further informations about the competition International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) 2016 or to submit your works visit the following official website: http://www.idsa.org/IDEA