IxDA 2017 Interaction Awards Competition now is over!
IxDA 2017 Interaction Awards Competition: Interaction Design Association (IxDA) has recently opened the call for entries for its 2017 interactive design award titled Interaction Awards, to celebrate design thought leadership and innovation around the globe, for the fifth time.
Each year this interactive design awards recipients comprise a showcase demonstrating how interaction design impacts and improves human lives.
Professionals and students are invited to submit concepts (work not scheduled for production) and/or production projects (work scheduled for production or live) of any kind that exemplify outstanding interaction design in one or more of the six categories.
- Connecting: Facilitating communication between people and communities
- Engaging: Capturing attention, creating delight and delivering meaning
- Empowering: Enabling people to go beyond their limits
- Expressing: Encouraging self expression and/or creativity
- Disrupting: Re-imagining completely an existing product or service by creating new behaviors, usages or markets
Optimizing: Making daily activities more efficient
To submit your project, you’ll need:
- Information about you and/or your team
Who you are, where you live/work/study, and how we can contact you (email, postal address, telephone).
- A video with information about your project
Create a video, up to 4 minutes in length, answering these four questions:
- What opportunity was the project addressing?
- Who were you designing for?
- What was the impact?
- What was the project’s design process?
- A photo representing your project
A print-quality image that illustrates your project and, if possible, the impact of your work.
- Rationale for submitting within a particular category
Written description of why you believe the project is an exemplar within the chosen category.
If your project is shortlisted, you will have the opportunity to update your entry and submit additional materials for the Jury to consider. These materials will be used for things such as the Interaction Design Yearbook and display at the Interaction16 conference.
Platforms, domains, and professional status will help the jury to understand the context of the work better, but the ultimate decision is based on the quality of work and the design sensibility of the peer reviewers and the Jury.
Judges will be looking for how well a project met its objectives for the people who need or use it most, as well as the craft and impact related to achieving its objectives.
Your work must be original, and you must have the right or authority to submit it for review and have it published.
To reflect the diversity of the global IxDA community and support fair and inclusive participation, the entry fee for your project corresponds to your geography and professional/student status.
Students may enter each project in one category for free. For each subsequent category it is entered into, the cost is $15 or $50, depending on the entrant’s region. Different rates and conditions apply for Professional entries.
Entry to the 2017 Interaction Awards is open to all companies, individuals and students until September 5, 2016 at 11:59pm Pacific Time (USA).