2019 Restaurant & Bar Design Awards - INTERIOR DESIGN AWARD
| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
This competition has expired on
The Call for Entries titled 2019 Restaurant & Bar Design Awards is now open!
CALL FOR ENTRIES - Submissions are now open for the 2019 Restaurant & Bar Design Awards, globally recognized competition dedicated to the design of food and beverage spaces, now in its eleventh year invites entries from the world's top designers, architects and food and beverage space operators.
Submissions are now open for the 2019 Restaurant & Bar Design Awards. The Awards, now in its eleventh year, is a globally recognized competition dedicated to the design of food and beverage spaces. With a different theme every year, this is a unique event focused on celebration, innovation and networking.
With entries from over 70 countries worldwide, this competition cover every imaginable space; From ships to airports, museums to burger vans, from revered Michelin-starred establishments to the fleeting dynamism of pop-ups.
You can submit your project in the following categories:
The following categories can be entered by UK and International projects:
• Surface Interiors - Food or beverage spaces with an emphasis on surfaces
• Identity - Visual graphic identity
• Ceiling - Food or beverage spaces with an emphasis on ceilings
• Colour - Food or beverage space with an emphasis on colour
• Murals & Grafiti
• Luxury - Food or beverage space with an emphasis on luxury
• Heritage building
• Fast Casual
• Multiple Restaurant
• In another space
• Standalone rest
• Pop Up
• Biophilic Design - Food and beverage spaces showing a strong connection to nature
The following categories can be entered by UK and International projects, based on their regional location:
• UK Bar
• UK Restaurant
• Europe Bar
• Europe Restaurant
• Asia Bar
• Asia Rest
• Americas Bar
• Americas Restaurant
• Australia Bar
• Australia Restaurant
• Middle East Bar
• Middle East Restaurant
All work must be entered as a collaboration between the designer and the food and beverage space operator.
The competition is open to international projects launched or renovated between the January 1st and December 31st, 2018.
Make sure all entry materials (text and images) are clear, concise and of the best possible quality. Poor quality visual media will weaken your application.
What you will need:
• Full contact and location details for the restaurant or bar and full contact details for the project's designer.
• To have made a decision on which category you wish to enter the project.
• Textual content ready to cut and paste into the relevant boxes. You have up to 400 characters (approximately 60 words), including spaces and punctuation, for each text box:
- Design brief
- Design challenges
- Design results
• Details of at least 6 products or services that were used in the design / delivery of the project. E.G. Products used within the space such as furniture or lighting. Or third party services such as fitout or lighting design. You can add more than 6 if you want to.
• Up to 10 good quality images of your project. Each image must be JPEG / JPG format and no bigger than 2MB in size.
The call for entries opens on the 8th January 2019 and closes on the 14th April 2019. The deadline for entries is March 31, with a late deadline of April 14, 2019.
The judges are the most influential global personalities from hospitality, design and lifestyle media. For each category there will be two shortlists and two winners, one for UK entries and one for international entries. This means that UK entries will be judged against other UK entries and international entries judged against other international entries. The entries that best meet the judges’ personal definitions of "design excellence", will win.
The shortlist will be announced on the 18th June 2019. All category winners, including the judges’ choice of Best Overall Designed Restaurant and Best Overall Designed Bar will be announced at London awards event in early October 2019.
Entries that are accepted will be liable to the following costs:
• 8th January – 31st January - £220 + VAT
• 1st February – 31st March - £260 + VAT
• Entries submitted after 1st April - £290 + VAT
Who can enter?
The 2019 Restaurant & Bar Design Awards invites entries from the world's top designers, architects and food and beverage space operators.
Awards will be given per category to both the winning designer as well as the winning restaurant / bar operator. All category winners, including the judges’ choice of Best Overall Designed Restaurant and Best Overall Designed Bar will be announced at London awards event in early October 2019.
For all further informations about the 2019 Restaurant & Bar Design Awards or to submit your works visit the following official website: