2019 SBID International Design Awards now is over!
CALL FOR ENTRIES: The 10th SBID International Design Awards 2019, the most prestigious interior design Award in the global design calendar is now open for submissions, inviting any design professional to participate.
The 2019 edition of the SBID Awards is now open for submissions! Considered one of the most prestigious accolades in interior design, the SBID Awards bring together the world’s finest interior design projects across a range of categories.
The SBID International Design Awards has firmly established itself as the most prestigious interior design Award in the global design calendar. The awards recognise, reward and celebrate design excellence across a broad range of categories. Winning a SBID International Design Award is a high achievement – they are evaluated by leading industry experts for their technical content and aesthetic creativity while the design-conscious public also has a say in choosing the most inspiring projects.
1. Hotel Public Space Design
2. Residential Design Over £1M
3. Hotel Bedroom & Suites Design
4. Residential Apartment Under £1M
5. Retail Design
6. Residential House Under £1M Design
7. Public Space Design
8. KBB Design
9. Shows Flats & Developments
10. CGI & Visualisation
11. Office Design
12. Club & Bar Design
13. Healthcare & Wellness Design
14. Restaurant Design
• There is no restriction on number of submissions. There is no restriction on the number of applications submitted by any one company. There is no restriction on the number of categories entered per submission.
• All projects entered must not be more than 2 years old at the moment of submission e.g. they must be completed on or after 30th April 2017.
• All entries need to be completed online and in English via the SBID Awards website.
• You will need to submit a description about the project and up to 10 images for each submission.
• The images should not exceed 10 MB. The text should be no more than 500 words and should include:
- the brief from the client
- the process undertaken and how the project met the brief
- the products and techniques used
Image Requirements: Maximum 10 images per submission. Each image must feature a single picture only. Composite images (images that feature two or more separate photographs to make one image) are not permitted.
Image Specification: Jpeg images (min. size 3000px x 2000px – 300 dpi)
Book Description: A 150 word description is required for the SBID Global Interior Design Book 2019. This should be a brief overview of the project and written in the third person e.g. Company A designed this office space located in the heart of New York. This description is not shown to the judges. SBID reserves the right to edit the text.
A panel of judges, representing a broad range of design skills and connections, will choose the winning entries during the month of August 2019 which will account for 70% of the overall score. The SBID International Design Awards are awarded purely on the quality of the project. There will also be an opportunity for the public to vote on their favourite designs which will account for 30% of the overall score. The finalists will be announced on Friday 16th August 2019. The public voting will open on Friday 16th August and close on Monday 9th September.
The winners will be announced and presented with their trophies at the SBID Awards ceremony hosted at Grosvenor House, Park Lane, London on Friday 25th October 2019.
• SBID members are eligible to enter up to 5 projects free of charge. A one-off £50 (+ VAT) admin charge is applicable. This fee is per entrant not per submission.
• For Non-SBID Members, a fee of £175 (+ VAT) applies per submission. A one-off £50 (+ VAT) admin charge is applicable to all entrants, this fee is per entrant not per submission. One project can be entered into multiple categories but will be charged per submission.
Who can participate? ⇣
The SBID Awards is open to any design professional which includes interior designers, interior architects, architects, property developers, decorators and home stagers.