7th IIDA Latin America Design Awards 2019 now is over!
7th IIDA Latin America Design Awards 2019: The 7th annual IIDA Latin America Design Awards, interior design award organised by International Interior Design Association (IIDA), has been recently opened for entries for 2019.
Organised by International Interior Design Association (IIDA), the 7th annual IIDA Latin America Design Awards 2019 is now open for entries! The IIDA Latin America Design Awards was created to recognize, honor and celebrate outstanding Interior Design/Architecture projects that represent the highest level of creativity, originality and design excellence.
The design project(s) must be located in Latin America or the Caribbean, however the design firm may be located anywhere (including the USA). The design project(s) must have been completed no earlier than February 1, 2017.
• Amenity Spaces (any multi-purpose assembly space in a residential or commercial setting)
• Corporate Space Large (1,000 square meters and above)
• Corporate Space Small (under 1,000 square meters)
• Commercial Lobbies
• Education (colleges/universities/research)
• Education (elementary/secondary)
• Entertainment (casinos, night clubs, performing arts centers, sports arenas, theatres)
• Healthcare (hospitals, outpatient clinics, medical facilities)
• Hotels – Full Property
• Hotels – Guest Rooms/Suites
• Institutional (cultural, government/municipal spaces, libraries, religious spaces)
• Residences Large (150 square meters and above)
• Residences Small (under 150 square meters)
• Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
• Retail (stores, boutiques)
• Sales Centers & Show Flats
• Showrooms & Exhibition Spaces
• Spas, Fitness Centers, & Gymnasiums
• Value Award (any project that overcame extraordinary budget constraints - project must also be submitted to one of the categories above)
All entrants are eligible for the Narrative Award, which recognizes an interior design/ interior architecture project with a compelling project statement that describes extraordinary circumstances surrounding a project or significant challenges that were overcome in order to deliver a project.
• a brief project summary to assist the jurors in their review of your project (50-word maximum)
• a description of your project’s design challenge (250-word maximum)
• a description of specific solutions to the design challenges, such as: originality, suitability of the design to the project challenges, successful incorporation of interior finishes and furnishings, benefits to the client, etc. (250-word maximum)
• 7 – 10 color images (JPEG under 2MB) of your completed project. A caption may be added (50-word maximum)
- Conceptual renderings will not be accepted.
- Do not reference or include your design/architectural firm name/logo in the images.
- Images may be edited to improve contrast ratio, color balance, and composition through cropping.
- Images may not be edited to add, remove, or alter any aspect or element of the project including its context. Images should represent the project as it exists in the built environment.
- Only 1 exterior image is permitted.
- Composite images are not recommended - only one photograph per image upload.
- File types accepted include JPG and JPEG, under 2MB each.
- Please use numbers to name your image files, in order of uploads (01, 02, 03, etc).
• 1 – 3 floor plans (JPEG under 2MB). Please use the following format to name your floor plans: "floorplan1, floorplan2, floorplan3."
All submissions must be sent in electronic format. No hard copy submissions are accepted. There is no limit to the number of eligible projects a firm may submit. Each project may only be submitted once.
The winning design projects will be selected by a jury of design professionals. Entry submissions will be judged on the appropriateness of the design solution and the successful integration of the elements of design, as well as excellence in aesthetics, design, creativity, and function.
A Best of Competition winner will be selected from the category winners. Award recipients will be published in an issue of Contract magazine and honored at a reception hosted at IIDA Headquarters in Chicago. Winning projects will also be showcased on the IIDA website, to their 300,000+ social media followers, and in the official Winners Brochure.
The cost to enter is $250 USD per entry for IIDA Members, and $350 USD per entry for non-IIDA members.
Any interior designer, interior architect or architect may participate with one or more than one design projects.