Restaurant & Bar Design Awards 2020 now is over!
Restaurant & Bar Design Awards 2020, globally recognized competition dedicated to the design of food & beverage spaces, now is calling for entries inviting top designers, architects and food & beverage space owners and operators to participate.
The call for entries for the 2020 Restaurant & Bar Design Awards is now open! Now in its twelfth year, the Restaurant & Bar Design Awards is a globally recognized competition dedicated to the design of food & beverage spaces.
The Awards invites and receives entries from the world’s top designers, architects and food & beverage space owners and operators.
Categories by type of space
• Biophilic Design - A project in this category would show a strong emphasis and connection to nature through its design. Past entries have included living walls, grand foliage table displays and trees incorporated into the design.
• Café - Celebrating the outstanding design of cafes, anything from coffee shops to tea houses.
• Ceiling - Judges will be looking for a project withan emphasis on the ceiling design.
• Colour - Judges will be looking at how colour is used within the space.
• Fast Casual - is defined any scheme that does not offer full table service.
• Heritage Building - Specifically for schemes in historical or heritage buildings / environments.
• Hotel - This category is for food and beverage spaces that are located within a hotel.
• Identity - Celebrating the design of logos, websites, menus, stationery, signage, uniforms, coasters, placemats and any other visual material
• In Another Space - Food and beverage spaces within anything from ships to airports, museums to burger vans, from revered Michelin-starred establishments to the fleeting dynamism of trains and cinemas etc.
• Lighting - Judges will be looking specifically at how lighting is used within a scheme.
• Luxury - A food and beverage space that has an emphasis on luxury.
• Multiple - Bars or restaurants that are part of a group or chain.
• Murals & Graffiti - Celebrating the artistic impact of murals or graffiti art within a food and beverage space.
• Pop Up - Pop-ups, mobile food vehicles and anything else either temporary or transportable.
• Pub - Celebrating the outstanding design of pubs, their innovative and traditional internal and external spaces.
• Standalone - A food and beverage space that is a single entity and is not part of a chain.
• Surface Interiors - How surfaces such as walls, ceilings and floors etc. come together to create an amazing food and beverage space
For each of those categories, judges will be looking at specific features and how they make the space work as a whole. For each category there will be 2 shortlists and 2 winners, 1 winner for UK entries and 1 international winner for entries.
Categories by region
• London Bar
• London Restaurant
• Europe Bar
• Europe Restaurant
• Americas Bar
• Americas Restaurant
• Asia Bar
• Asia Restaurant
• Australia & Pacific Bar
• Australia & Pacific Restaurant
• Middle East & Africa Bar
• Middle East & Africa Restaurant
For each category there will be one shortlist and one winner.
• Full contact and location details for the restaurant or bar and full contact details for the project’s designer.
• Textual content up to 450 characters (approximately 60 words) for each text - design brief, design challenges, design results
• Details of at least 6 products or services that were used in the design / delivery of the project. Products used within the space such as furniture or lighting. Or third party services such as fitout or lighting design. You can add more than 6 if you want to.
• Up to 10 good quality images of your project. Each image must be JPEG / JPG format and no bigger than 2MB in size. Make sure you submit your highest quality work to give you the best advantage of standing out.
The 2020 awards hosts a new and exciting judging panel of thirty six industry leading figures working across design, architecture, hospitality and lifestyle. The judges include influencers and luminaries such as Sarah Douglas (Editor-in-Chief, Wallpaper*), Didier Souillat (CEO, Time Out Market), Guy Heywood (COO, Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas) and many, many more.
The shortlist will be announced on the 18th June 2020. All category winners will be announced at the London awards event in early October 2020. The entries that best meet the judges’ personal definitions of ‘design excellence’, will win. The event is more than a prize giving ceremony and offers some of the best socialising and networking opportunities in the industry.
• 7th January – 31st January - £240 + VAT
• 1st February – 31st March - £270 + VAT
• Entries submitted after 1st April - £290 + VAT
Who can participate? ⇣
The 2020 Restaurant & Bar Design Awards invites entries from the world's top designers, architects and food and beverage space operators.