Th.Kohl - Future Pharmacy 2019 now is over!
New interior design award organised by Th.Kohl and Desall, ’Future Pharmacy’ invite you to suggest innovative concepts for the pharmacy of the future, meant as a ’retail space’ dedicated to the person, his/her wellbeing and to the relationships.
Th.Kohl, the Italian leader in the design and realisation of interior architecture for pharmacies, is looking for new furniture/architecture concepts for the realisation of the pharmacy of the future, meant as a “space dedicated to the customer experience” where relationships between people and attention to the person is at the core of the whole design.
The aim of this interior design award is the research of concepts for the pharmacy of the future meant as a “retail space”, where the customer/patient may find a cosy and human-centred place, for an unforgettable customer experience. The pharmacy of the future shall constitute an innovative element compared to the current pharmacies. For an idea of the current context, you may have a look at the inspiration posts published by the client account on https://desall.com/Contest/Future-Pharmacy/Inspiration and https://www.pinterest.it/thkohldesign/ where you will find some already existing pharmacies, that may represent the starting point of your project.
• the concept you propose shall be designed for an area of about 170 sqm (min 120 sqm, max 300 sqm), that you may dispose of as you prefer, inserting architectural elements, walls and other elements to create the various spaces described below.
• in order to create a new cosy and human centred “retail space”, the pharmacy of the future shall include several areas dedicated to the customer, his/her wellness and wellbeing, with dedicated cabins (private rooms to offer services such as blood pressure measurement, beautician cabin, advisory cabin, etc.). You may even include other spaces such as bar, bio/nutritional bar, play area for children, etc. to give maximum importance to the relationship between people and to enable the chemist and his/her team to establish a direct contact with the customers. In addition, in order to allow the chemist to dedicate the proper amount of time to the customer without interruptions, the pharmacy shall provide for sales support elements (touch screens, tablet totems or similar, useful for example to retrieve information about the products) and other advisory items for customer use, or other elements able to entertain and inform the customer, avoiding any waiting times.
• the pharmacy of the future will offer free Wi-Fi to all customers and may provide for the use of technologies and systems dedicated to making this new “retail space” human-centred and cosy, with possible plays of light, colours, scents or other automated systems that may contribute to turning the customer experience in an unforgettable moment. You are also invited to suggest technological solutions to support the furnishing elements – ledwall, touch screens and tablet totems, etc. will contribute to making the pharmacy “omnichannel” – and of the other dedicated spaces.
• the pharmacy of the future shall include some basic elements, needed for the normal operation of the pharmacy:
- a counter: it shall not constitute the focus of the pharmacy, rather it shall be considered one of the various spaces available inside the venue. The counter will be used to sell medical prescription medicines and shall allow to the chemist an easy access to the backoffice where the medicines are stored and organised. In addition, include near the counter and in some other strategic areas of the pharmacy some automated points of delivery for medicines, for exclusive use by the personnel (please see https://youtu.be/TNnmx8Zih8U - http://.pharmathek.com );
- access to the backoffice: you are invited to specify where the backoffice should be placed (even if the backoffice is not object of the contest). Keep into consideration that it shall allow easy use by the chemist and his/her team, near the counter;
- infopoints / totems / desks: you may include some informative and entertaining elements where the customers may learn more about some aspects related to wellbeing and wellness, including ledwall, touch screens and tablet totems or other elements;
- the new retail space shall include also some corners dedicated to selling nutritional supplements and other medicines that do not require medical prescription. The chemist and his/her team will move around these dedicated spaces to facilitate the relationship and the direct contact with the customer, while avoiding any unnecessary waiting times. Do not suggest catalogue furnishing items, rather propose customised and tailored solutions.
• the researched pharmacy of the future shall have a minimal, modern style that will also be reflected in the choice of materials, with a preference for hi-tech materials (steel / crystal) or natural materials (wood, etc.) in line with the wellness and wellbeing values.
• the pharmacy concept you propose will be offered to different retailers (not branded by Th.Kohl), accordingly suggest solutions/supports dedicated to the pharmacy image to give maximum visibility to the identity of the chemist and of his/her team, conveying the story, values and identity that distinguish it.
• the pharmacy of the future shall be a cosy and human centred place, addressing a very wide public, as it truly represents a “retail space” aimed at the customer experience. The concept shall not be created for a specific country but may be applied to various international contexts.
Upload all the materials that better present your projects (rendering, images, sketches, descriptions, etc.), providing a textual description of your proposal of at least 150-300 words and, if necessary, remember that you can also attach a .ZIP archive containing extra materials.
Participants can present 1 or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Future Pharmacy” will be accepted.
In the evaluation of your submissions Th.Kohl will take into account the following criteria:
• Degree of innovation (5/5)
• Functionality and interaction (5/5)
• Aesthetics (4/5)
• Eco-friendliness (3/5)
• Project submission (3/5)
There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
This interior design award is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!