| by InfoDesigners
Interior design competition for student titled IIDA Student Design Competition (SDC) 2019
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
International Interior Design Association (IIDA) has announced its Student Design Competition for 2019, celebrating the talent and fresh design ideas of interior design students throughout the world who are currently enrolled in an interior design program or institution.
Interior design competition for students titled IIDA Student Design Competition (SDC) 2019 has been recently announced by International Interior Design Association (IIDA), open to students worldwide.
IIDA Student Design Competition (SDC) every year celebrates the talent and fresh design ideas of interior design students throughout the world who are currently enrolled in an interior design program or institution. The competition provides emerging professionals the opportunity to showcase their work and gain exposure in the interior design industry.
School projects already completed may be reinterpreted and/or edited to meet the requirements of this competition. If the school project was completed as a group, all members must agree in writing to enter the reinterpreted and/or edited project, and all members must be listed as participants on the entry form. Submission Requirements:
Your project must be submitted digitally through the competition website from Monday, Nov. 5, 2018, to Monday, Feb. 4, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Central time. Each submission must include the following:
• 500-word project description outlining why your concept demonstrates the best solution for the Ambulatory Surgery Center
• 24”x36” digital presentation board in PDF format not to exceed 15MB containing:
- Dimensioned floor plan drawn to scale
- Furniture and materials plan - You may combine the dimensioned floor plan and furniture plans.
- Reflected ceiling plan (Assume the ceiling is a blank slate.)
- to (4) Renderings of the completed space
- Additional drawings of the space (elevation, perspective, isometric, axonometric, orthographic)
- Additional elements to convey the overall concept including, but not limited to, furniture and fixture specifications, color palettes, wall sections, electrical plans, schedules, additional renderings, etc.
- File name: SDC + initials + year_board (SDCLHH2019_board.pdf)
• Individual JPEG digital submissions of the (10) to (12) required drawings/renderings outlined above saved as: - JPG format
- RGB color mode
- Maximum size of 1MB per image
- File name: SDC + initials + year_number (SDCLHH2019_1.jpg)
- Document dimensions not to exceed 11”x17”
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be selected by a jury of interior design and business professionals who will judge entries based on innovation and creativity, coherence and functionality, human impact, fulfillment of program requirements, and presentation of the information.
Winners will be announced in the Spring 2019 issue of QUAD, the IIDA student newsletter, and featured in DesignMatters and on the IIDA website.
IIDA Student Members: $25
IIDA Student Members: $40 (at least one student on the team must be an IIDA Student Member)
IIDA Student Design Competition (SDC) 2019 is open to graduate and undergraduate students around the world who are currently enrolled in an interior design or architecture program.
1st price: $2,500
Prizes from OFS Brands:
• 1st Place – $2,500
• 2nd Place – $1,500
• 3rd Place – $750
Prizes to be split amongst team members for team submissions that win.
For all further informations about the competition IIDA Student Design Competition (SDC) 2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: