The aim of this lighting challenge "New birth of a myth" is to identify a new product that might be the worthy travel companion of the Cubetto and Beluga lamps, best sellers of the company.
The product shall have compact size and new shape, be made of either blown or moulded crystal; this is in order to give continuity to what proved to be part of the Fabbian DNA. The success of these products is linked to several special features that Fabbian would like were conveyed to this new piece.
Keep into consideration the following features while developing your proposals.
- Modularity: think of a lamp that might be combined with other same-type lamps, either in defined groups (ex. 2 / 3 / etc.) or in "unlimited" sequences;
- Family: while developing your project, do not consider it a single element, but rather an extended family of products, keeping into consideration the lamps typologies available in the Fabbian catalogue: applique, recessed, floor, ceiling, pendant, table (not necessarily all of them).
- Style: Following the success of the two best sellers Cubetto and Beluga, convey to your projects the same features that made them two great products.
- Style neutrality: thanks to this feature, the two products could be installed in several furnishing contexts over time; from minimal settings to much more decorative and classical ones, without ever being out of tune.
- Timeless elegance: just like all best sellers, as suggested above, they are not fashion or trendy objects; this is why they managed to be successful throughout the years and suitable for several styles.
- Minimal, yet informal: it is about a neutral style and timeless elegance; but beware not to fall into something too cold and impersonal; let’s try to maintain contact with engaging, friendly, definite yet gentle shapes.
- Hard / Soft: two opposite shapes, yet both successful. Beluga: soft, delicate, funny, playful, informal; Cubetto: solid, angular, minimal, exclusive, precious.
- Choose the features that best suit your idea to give birth to the new Fabbian best seller. - Coupling/support: Pay due attention to the design of the couplings/clamps, be they for wall/ceiling/floor/table lamps.
- Material: Blown or moulded crystal for the lamp. Metal is preferred for couplings/supports/bases.
- Light source: LED technology is preferred, but also traditional light sources are allowed.
Participation is free of charge and open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older. Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “New birth of a myth” will be accepted.
1st: €2500 + Royalties
The selection of the winner by Fabbian will be the result of an unquestionable evaluation and it will take into account originality, feasibility and consistency with the brief presented.
For the duration of the option right, the Sponsor offers an extra chance to all participants setting a price of Euro 1,500 (one-thousand-five-hundred) for the purchase of the exclusive license for the economical exploitation of the projects not-acknowledged as the winning proposals.