2019 IESNYC Student Lighting Competition - LIGHTING COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
The Call for Entries titled 2019 IESNYC Student Lighting Competition is now open!
Lighting competition titled 2019 IESNYC Student Lighting Competition
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this lighting competition:
The IESNYC is celebrating the 19th year of the Student Lighting Competition and also this yera invities all students currently enrolled in a NYC-based college or university to participate.
The IESNYC this year is celebrating the 19th year of the Student Lighting Competition.
One of the goals of the IESNYC is to promote education and greater awareness about the importance of lighting and the Student Competition is one of the contributors towards these efforts. Since 2000, they have invited students from New York City Art and Design schools to participate in a city wide design competition. The competition empowers students to explore light as an art form, demonstrate light as a stimulus, and prove light as a valuable medium. Every year, students in lighting, architecture, interior design, art, product design, photography and electrical engineering programs have submitted projects, resulting in a diverse showcase of ideas and interpretations on a single theme.
This year competition theme is "LIGHT & CULTURE", challenges students to construct a three-dimensional study exploring the role of light in rituals, events, or rites of passage. Light can often be a critical element in a religious or national celebration, like fireworks on the Fourth of July, a lifetime milestone, like a unity candle at a wedding, or a daily observance, like a sun salutation. Light & Culture allows each individual to expand upon their own experiences of light and how it contributes to culture.
• Presentation boards with your submission are not required. You may include a brief description or instructions, but these are not required and readonly at the discretion of the judging panel.
• If using batteries, plan on bringing additional batteries in order for your project to be illuminated for the entire day and night reception. Based on previous years of experience, batteries will mostly likely drain during judging and will require replacing before the reception begins.
• You can display your submission on the floor, on a table, against a wall, or hanging from the ceiling. 30-inch high tables will be provided. Organizer recommend you include with your entry a base or elevated platform if you intend your submission to be viewed at eye level.
• Nailing or taping to the walls is not allowed. It's recommended your submission support itself, lean against the walls or suspended from above.
• As long as precautions to prevent spills, leaks, drips, or electrical shock are adhered to. Any project that leaks will be immediately disqualified. Flammable liquids are not permitted. Liquids that may stain the floor, walls, or fabric are not allowed.
You can submit your application as a team or individually.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
Students currently enrolled in a NYC-based college or university are eligible to participate in this student competition.
Prizes include $2,000 for the 1st place winner, as well as $1,000 for the 2nd place winner, and $500 for 3rd.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the 2019 IESNYC Student Lighting Competition or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://iesnyc.org/Student_Competition
Category: LIGHTING COMPETITION
Published by: InfoDesigners
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Listed by: InfoDesigners