Anyone, IES members or nonmembers, may enter a project for an Illumination Award. Agents may also submit.
All projects receive levels of recognition attained by consensus judge scores.
The Award levels are:
• Award of Distinction
• Awarded for extraordinary achievement in lighting design
• Award of Excellence
• Awarded for an exceptional contribution to the art and science of light
• Special Citation
• Recognizes superior elements for a portion of a project
• Awards of Merit
• Recognizes meritorious contribution to lighting design
• Section Awards
• Awarded at the local section level judging. Projects scoring adequately at the section move up for additional judging in the global judging, eligible for the awards noted above.