L A M P 2017 Lighting Design Competition - LIGHTING DESIGN COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
L A M P 2017 Lighting Design Competition
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this lighting design competition:
The L A M P has recently announced a 5th edition of its international L A M P lightning design competition 2017, themed “Balance” with aim to discover and promote emerging talent in lighting design.
Each year L A M P lightning design competition challenges designers to approach their lighting fixtures with the guidance of a theme with the aim to introduce a broader audience to lighting design, as well as promote and connect emerging talents to new markets.
The competition is open to three categories:
• Student - entrant’s business or professional design career has been active for a minimum of 3 years. Entrant is not required to have a business. Entries welcome from all disciplines including, but not limited to: Artists, Industrial Designers and Architects Entries welcome from both Individuals and Teams of any size.
• Emerging - entrant has launched their business or professional career within the last 3 years. Entrant is not required to have a business. Entries welcome from all disciplines including, but not limited to: Artists, Industrial Designers and Architects Entries welcome from both Individuals and Teams of any size. Entrant must NOT be enrolled in any post-secondary design program.
• Established - entrant must currently be enrolled in a post-secondary design or other artistically inclined program at time of submission. Individuals or teams are welcome to submit.
Emerging + Established submission requirements: Designs:
• There are no limitations on material type
• Theme is open to broad interpretation.
• Entry must be a produced, functioning light fixture, or prototype, with proof provided by January 1st 2018. Failure to provide photographic/video proof of working prototype by the deadline of January 1st 2018 will result in submission being rejected.
• Pendant, Wall, Table or Floor light fixtures are all eligible, with designs intended use for indoor.
• Proposed Entries are not to exceed 5' x 5' x 5' at 1:1 scale.Failure to meet required scale will result in submission being rejected.
Student submission requirements:
• Entry must be in CONCEPT FORM ONLY (sketches & renderings of proposed design). A prototype is not required.
• Design must not yet be manufactured.
• There are no limitations on proposed material type.
• Theme is open to broad interpretation.
• Pendant, Wall, Table or Floor light fixtures are all eligible.
• Designs must be intended for indoor use.
• Proposed Entries are not to exceed 5' x 5' x 5' at 1:1 scale. Failure to meet required scale will result in submission being rejected.
• Entry must be an original creation without infringing on any creative copyright.
• Submissions chosen as finalists for the exhibition will only be shown in print form. No physical prototype is required by students.
• Please ensure all info submitted is correct - with correct spelling and grammar as L A M P will use the info for all print material if selection is chosen as a finalist. L A M P will not accept requests for changes to the submitted info.
A maximum of 5 images may be submitted. One image must clearly illustrate the scale of the design: situated next to a known object to demonstrate the intended size. All images must be JPGs, at 300 dpi resolution and no larger than 6 MB each.
Entry must be an original creation without infringing on any creative copyright.
After reviewing all submissions, an esteemed panel of judges will make their decisions based on a set evaluation ranging from aesthetics, marketability, innovation, and unique interpretation of the theme word.
Entry fees start at $25 for Student Submissions, $45 for Emerging Submissions and $70 for Established Submissions.
Who can enter?
Entries welcome from all disciplines including, but not limited to: Artists, Industrial Designers and Architects.
Competition Finalists from around the world are showcased at the annual L A M P Opening Reception in Vancouver.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the L A M P 2017 Lighting Design Competition or to submit your works visit the following official website: http://www.welovelamp.ca/2017-competition-main/
Category: LIGHTING DESIGN COMPETITION
Published by: InfoDesigners
Organizer: L A M P
Listed by: InfoDesigners