International Comic/Manga Schools Contest 2019 now is over!
CALL FOR ENTRIES:
The Japanese company Celsys (who developed the painting software Clip Studio Paint) is pleased to announce their 1st edition of International Comic/Manga Schools Contest for students enrolled in an art school or extracurricular art programs studying illustration, comic art, design, fine art, or other similar subjects.
This contest aims to support young creators around the world and encourage more artists to create comics and manga.
The competition theme is "Gift".
There are two categories:
• Comic Category
• Illustration Category
- An original color or black-and-white comic of 8–48 pages
- Webtoon style comics are also accepted (min. 30 panels, max. 690 x 20,000 pixels)
- You can submit comics in any language.
- However, you may get more likes if your comic is in English or another language understood by many people.
- Accepted file formats: PNG, JPEG, CLIP (CLIP STUDIO format), less than 32MB per page
- You can create your comic in any size, but we recommend using 300 dpi resolution for color comics and 600 dpi for black-and-white comics
- An original color illustration - Accepted file formats: PNG or JPG format, less than 5MB.
- You can create an illustration in any size, but we recommend A4 illustrations at 300dpi (2480 x 3508 pixels).
You can submit artwork made with any digital or traditional tool or software. If you create your submission using traditional tools, please submit a digital scan of the artwork.
Submissions must be unpublished original artworks that have not won other contests and must be suitable for all ages.
Judging the competition will be DC Comics’ Batman’s Javier Fernández and award-winning creators Cameron Stewart, Ken Niimura, and Yoshiyasu Tamura.
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
This manga, comic and illustration contest is open to students enrolled in an Art/Design school, technical/vocational school, school art club, or extracurricular art program.