Lexus Design Award 2019 - DESIGN COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
This competition has expired on
The Call for Entries titled Lexus Design Award 2019 is now open!
CALL FOR ENTRIES - Lexus design award, an international Design Competition that targets up-and-coming creators from around the world, has been recently launched for 2019 seeking to foster the growth of ideas that contribute to society by supporting creators whose works can help to shape a better future.
LEXUS in collaboration with designboom present the Lexus Design Award 2019, international Design Competition that targets up-and-coming creators from around the world. Since 2013, this international competition provides a unique opportunity for six finalists to work with globally recognized designers as mentors to create prototypes of their designs, and then exhibit them at one of the design calendar's most important events.
Making the world a better place through design has always been the program's purpose and now, in its seventh year, the 2019 award makes that objective clearer than ever under this year's theme of "Design for a Better Tomorrow".
There are four categories:
• Product Design
Organizer are looking for “DESIGN” that goes beyond the mastery of shape, form and function, and becomes a solution to overcome challenges.
• Your design will need to incorporate three principles fundamental to Lexus: “Anticipate. Innovate. Captivate.” Your design should anticipate the needs of the user experience as well as benefit society. It needs to demonstrate innovation with fresh, imaginative solutions. It should also command attention, captivating users, audience and judges alike with its compelling concept and execution.
• There is no limit on the number of entries per person. If you are entering more than one Work, please submit each Work separately.
• images and text must be in digital format.
• the Work may be produced in any medium but must be submitted as low res JPEG (JPG) or GIF format.
• 1 main image is mandatory, and 6 additional images are optional.
• 1 photo of physical object or 1 image of exhibition plan is mandatory. Up to 8 images can be uploaded (either single or composition images).
• all digital image files must be 500 KB or smaller (a low-res version of your original Work), the width must be from 800~1000 pixels / 72 dpi, RGB color mode. • Video of concept or prototype in action (optional) - the voluntary addition of up to 2 video files can be uploaded as either vimeo or youtube format.
• Please provide a brief description of your design - let them know about your research and point out the artistic and technological qualities. You should also consider a broad spectrum of issues that demonstrate and showcase the ways in which your design can enrich people's lives. Please explain how you plan to further develop the work.
• anticipate - does the concept and design anticipate e not only the needs of the user experience, but the need of society?
• innovate - does the design demonstrate new thinking and originality in its proposal and execution?
• captivate - is the design intriguing and compelling when realized in concept and execution?
The 6 finalists will be chosen by the middle of December 2018. Selected international finalists will receive once-in-a-lifetime mentoring from Sebastian Wrong, Design Director of Established & Sons, and other mentors in New York to prepare for Lexus’s Milan Design Week exhibition. The Finalists will be announced on Lexus official website in mid-January 2019.
There is no entry fees to participate!
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
Lexus Design Award 2019 is open to professionals, students and design enthusiasts from every country in the world and only to individuals who have reached the age of majority.
The judges will select the six best ideas to be developed into functional prototypes with a production budget up to $25,000 (USD) each and with the support of world renowned mentors. The prototypes will be displayed at the 2019 Milan Design Week where they will compete for the Grand Prix prize.
To prepare the finalists for Milan, Lexus will also provide a once-in-a-lifetime mentorship that gives each finalist an exclusive opportunity to receive direct hands-on guidance from acclaimed professionals who share their priceless knowledge and experience for creating the prototype and beyond.
For all further informations about the Lexus Design Award 2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: