Model Young Package 2019: Unboxing Experience now is over!
Model Young Package 2019, packaging design award, largest competition of its kind in the world organised by CZECHDESIG, has been recently opened for entries in its 2019 edition inviting all students and designers of any age to participate.
Now in its 24rd year, Model Young Package, international design competition in packaging design, is opened for entries for 2019. This competition was founded to invite students and creative people, and challenge them to create designs of corrugated and smooth cardboard or other paper materials widely used in packaging design.
Since its foundation in 1996, the Young Package competition has achieved an international reputation and a distinctive position among competitions for young designers. Its focus are packages made of paper.
Over the past twenty years the Model Young Package competition has been giving an opportunity to hundreds of designers all around the world to present their original ideas. A lot of young designers who won in the past have later become respected professionals: historically the first winner was Jan Čtvrtník, who years later worked for NASA, IKEA and Elektrolux.
The theme of the competition is Unboxing Experience. Pack any of your favorite products in such a manner, that everyone will want to share it on Instagram!
We all love unwrapping gifts! Unboxing videos have become a huge hit on Youtube in recent years. However, the right packaging experience is preceded by a sophisticated packaging design. Each package has to go a long way from the manufacturer, through e-shop and delivery services to the customer‘s hands. Throughout the journey, the packaging has to protect the product greatly for the big finale – unboxing. We are looking forward to our packages, we are full of expectations. The moment of unpacking is the most challenging for designers. How can the customer enjoy more, how can we surprise them, bring something extra? How do we make that short moment really special, while the packaging also still works perfectly?
Now we look forward to your version of such functional packaging. Show us your vision of an awesome Unboxing Experience that will be so great that everyone will want to share it!
The Model Young Package is a competition focused on paper products. Organised accept prototypes of packaging made of corrugated or smooth cardboard and other paper materials. The aim of the competition is to select winning designs (artworks) that best meet the assignment. For particularly successful designs, the Promoter can approach the author for completion and realization of the design for production.
Competitors can subscribe to the following categories:
• High schools — Students of secondary schools and colleges
• Unlimited — University students and designers of any age
• The contestant submits their artwork as a functional model in a measuring scale of 1:, the work must be a functional prototype, if it is openable, it must be able to open. The model must be made in high quality with consideration of the possibility of representation and exhibition purposes.
• The competitor does not attach any portfolio to their work, only the packaging will be included in the evaluation. The work submitted only in the form of a sketch on a CD or in a portfolio are excluded from the evaluation.
• The material used for the artwork must be a polygraphically processible material, standardly used by the company Model Obaly a.s., in particular a whole range of corrugated cardboards, smooth and laminated cardboard. Additional materials can be used as a supplementary material. Detailed description of the materials and their properties can be found on www.modelgroup.com.
Award ceremony will be held in September 2019 in Prague, Czech republic.
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!