Pro Carton Young Designers Award 2020 now is over!
CALL FOR ENTRIES: The Pro Carton Young Designers Award, one of Europe’s leading young packaging design awards recently opened for entries FOR 2020, giving young designers both professional recognition as well as a networking platform with industry, a first step towards a professional career.
The Pro Carton Young Designers Award, one of Europe’s leading student competitions for packaging design, now is accepting entries for 2020!
Pro Carton Young Designers Award is organised (as a result of its overwhelming success in 2016) every year by Pro Carton, European Association of Carton and Cartonboard manufacturers. The Award plays a pioneering role in promoting sustainability, as it is the only design competition focusing exclusively on cartonboard design. Categories are:
• Creative Cartonboard Packaging: Eat & Drink: The focus lies on cartonboard as the most sustainable food and beverages packaging material and its recyclability. Give us a taste of great design!
• Creative Cartonboard Packaging: All other: This category focuses on using the most sustainable packaging material for non-food packaging. Everything needs packaging, have a look around yourself and get inspired!
• Creative Cartonboard Ideas: Think outside the box! Here’s a chance for you to put forward your cartonboard ideas outside of the packaging market.
• Save the Planet: Every minute a truck load of plastics is dumped in the ocean. Show us your ideas as to how cartonboard can reduce or replace plastic and help us save the planet!
• Newcomer’s Award: There will also be an award for the best entry submitted from a university that hasn’t won an award in the past. So if your university or school has not had a winner before, or maybe has never entered before, now’s the time to do so!
In addition to these five category winners, consumers will also have the opportunity to vote to select the winner of the Public Award.
Step 1: Create your design idea:
• must be three-dimensional, true to scale, regardless of their actual size and use
• must be made mainly of cartonboard (over 200 g/m2)
• be folded and possibly glued
Step 2: Online entry – promote your design:
• Take 3-5 photos of your design
• Describe your design concept in max. 100 words
You will only need to send your physical 3D cartonboard design when it has been confirmed that you have made it onto the shortlist - together with a description, on 1 x A4 page that must accompany all 3D samples.
All winners, 10 finalists and each of their lecturers will be invited to the Gala Awards dinner at the European Carton Makers Association (ECMA) Congress in September 2020 in Krakow, Poland where the European folding carton industry will meet for the networking event of the year.
There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
The Pro Carton Young Designers Award 2020 is open to all design students in Europe who are not working as professionals.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!