Rilegno Contest 2020 now is over!
Rilegno Contest 2020 is calling for submissions from all design and architecture students and professionals, seeking to redesign a wooden crate to redesign the way we interact with the world.
Rilegno Contest is an international packaging design competition, promoted by Rilegno to enhance and support the use of recycled or recovered wood and cork in design, furniture and packaging.
Rilegno is the National Consortium for collection, recovery and recycling of wooden packages, created to protect the environment. Wood is the naturally sustainable material par excellence, and Rilegno is engaged in making its life cycle and reuse more rational and efficient. A fruit crate, one of those wooden crates we see on market stalls or in neighbourhood shops.
An object that embodies a series of values, of symbols, of economic, cultural and social exchanges. A container that exemplifies an entire process. The aim of this contest is to redesigning a wooden crate to redesign the way we interact with the world. Functional, technical, symbolic values. A wooden container designed to contain nature, to be transported, turned into a display, simple and yet smart, extremely smart. Organiser is looking for ideas for use and reuse of wood, to enhance its potential to produce things that are sustainable and may be reproducedon an industrial scale. The purpose of the Contest is therefore to design a new wooden container for organic products.
You need to imagine a new wooden container for organic products, with a complete reassessment of the relationship between a physical thing, the consumer goods it contains, the relevant supply chain (from logistics to the point of sale) and the relationship with the consumer.
A wooden container that is no longer just a device for transport, but turns into a display and a system embodying a series of symbolic values (environmentalism, healthy eating, respect for nature and natural elements).
The theme is to be developed around these keywords:
• Natural materials
• Circular economy
• Modular system
• High tech / low tech
Each participant, either individually or in a group, may present only 1 project.
Project need to be original and has never been produced or published.
You need to send .pdf file containing up to 5 tables in A3 format - landscape mode (mm 420x297, max 10 MB), with:
Publish the project on Instagram (carousel album with up to 10 images and/or videos), using the project hashtag #rilegnocontest, and tag the @rilegnoaccount.
• 1 or 2 tables to represent the project idea/concept (project storytelling).
• 1 o 2 tables with dimensional technical drawings of the proposal, a rendering (or photograph) of the prototype and of the modular system of the cases set in the context.
• 1 description table comprised of a text explaining the project and images or any other graphics (photos, renderings, infographics, etc.) to illustrate the relation to the Contest theme and its purposes, the product features, the cost-effectiveness and functionality of the proposal.
• Instagram Album
• Originality of the project
• Possibility to reproduce the same on an industrial scale
• Environmental sustainability in terms of characteristics and working processes
• Economic and technological feasibility of the project
Award ceremony will be held on Milan Design Week 2020 from 21 - 26 April 2020.
There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
This packaging design competition is open to all but is aimed in particular at design and architecture students and professionals.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!