| by InfoDesigners
Painting competition titled Pastel 100 – 20th Annual Painting Competition
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
Organizer: Pastel Journal
Link: Official Website
The 20th annual painting competition, The Pastel 100 has been recently organised by Pastel Journal, America's leading magazine devoted to pastel artists, inviting all artists worldwide to submit they works made with a soft pastel.
Now in its 20th year, the Pastel 100, annual international painting competition organised by the the Pastel Journal magazine, is open for entries for 2018 edition inviting all artists worldwide to submit they works made with a soft pastel.
Entries can be submitted in the following competition categories:
• Landscape + Interior
• Portrait + Figure
• Still Life + Floral
• Animal + Wildlife
• Abstract + Non-Objective
• All entries must be submitted as digital files.
• There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
• Image requirements for entries: JPG files (Please try to keep the file size under 5 MB to ensure proper uploading).
• All entrants should be prepared to be able to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file should their entry be among those selected as a winner. For publication in Watercolor Artist, these files should be 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8×10 inches, ideally, and 5×7 inches at minimum.
• Work must be at least 80% soft pastel; no oil pastel . Nupastels and other “harder” pastels are considered soft pastels.
• All works must be original. Compositions based on published material or other artists’ work are NOT considered original and are not eligible. Paintings executed in a workshop under another artist‘s supervision or paintings based on another person’s photograph (even if it’s copyright-free) are NOT eligible.
• Work previously published in a national publication or receiving an award at a national-level exhibition at the time of submission to this contest is not eligible.
Entries will be prejudged and then finalists will be chosen by the magazine staff. Award winners and honorable mentions will be selected by the jurors. All properly prepared entries will be viewed and judged.
All winners will be notified by 31st October 2018. The results will not otherwise be made public until they are published in Pastel Journal in the April 2019.
The regular entry fee is $35 per image. All early-bird entries cost $30 per image and can be submitted until 3rd August 2015.
The Pastel 100 – 20th Annual Painting Competition is open to artists from any part of the world, older than 16.
1st price: $5.000
The following prices will be awarded:
• 1st Prize, Pastel Journal Founder’s Award in memory of Maggie Price - $5,000 CASH
• 2nd Prize, Pastel Journal Award of Excellence - $2,500 CASH
• 3rd Prize, Ruth Richeson Pastel GOLD Award - Pastels and Pastel surfaces from Jack Richeson and Company, valued over $2,000 CASH
• 4th Prize, Richeson Pastel SILVER Award - Pastels and Pastel surfaces from Jack Richeson and Company, valued over $1,500 CASH
• 5th Prize, Richeson Pastel BRONZE Award - Pastels and Pastel surfaces from Jack Richeson and Company, valued over $1,000CASH
25 Category Prizes
• 5 First Place Category Awards — $500 worth of Terry Ludwig Pastels
• 5 Second Place Category Awards — $350 worth of Great American pastels
• 5 Third Place Category Awards — $150 worth of Holbein pastels
• 5 Fourth Place Category Awards — $100 worth of PanPastels
• 5 Fifth Place Category Awards — $75 worth of UART pastel paper
All top prize winners and place winners will receive features in Pastel Journal (April 2019 issue).
• 70 Honorable Mentions will receive - Image and information about each painting will be published in Pastel Journal
For all further informations about the competition Pastel 100 – 20th Annual Painting Competition or to submit your works visit the following official website:SUBMIT NOW!