Pastel 100 – 20th Annual Painting Competition now is over!
Pastel 100 – 20th Annual Painting Competition: The 20th annual painting competition, The Pastel 100 has been recently organised by Pastel Journal, America’s leading magazine devoted to pastel artists, inviting all artists worldwide to submit they works made with a soft pastel.
Now in its 20th year, the Pastel 100, annual international painting competition organised by the the Pastel Journal magazine, is open for entries for 2018 edition inviting all artists worldwide to submit they works made with a soft pastel.
Entries can be submitted in the following competition categories:
• Landscape + Interior
• Portrait + Figure
• Still Life + Floral
• Animal + Wildlife
• Abstract + Non-Objective
• All entries must be submitted as digital files.
• There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
• Image requirements for entries: JPG files (Please try to keep the file size under 5 MB to ensure proper uploading).
• All entrants should be prepared to be able to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file should their entry be among those selected as a winner. For publication in Watercolor Artist, these files should be 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8×10 inches, ideally, and 5×7 inches at minimum.
• Work must be at least 80% soft pastel; no oil pastel. Nupastels and other “harder” pastels are considered soft pastels.
• All works must be original. Compositions based on published material or other artists’ work are NOT considered original and are not eligible. Paintings executed in a workshop under another artist‘s supervision or paintings based on another person’s photograph (even if it’s copyright-free) are NOT eligible.
• Work previously published in a national publication or receiving an award at a national-level exhibition at the time of submission to this contest is not eligible.
Entries will be prejudged and then finalists will be chosen by the magazine staff. Award winners and honorable mentions will be selected by the jurors. All properly prepared entries will be viewed and judged.
All winners will be notified by 31st October 2018. The results will not otherwise be made public until they are published in Pastel Journal in the April 2019.
The regular entry fee is $35 per image. All early-bird entries cost $30 per image and can be submitted until 3rd August 2015.
The Pastel 100 – 20th Annual Painting Competition is open to artists from any part of the world, older than 16.