Typography Day 2019 Call for Papers now is over!
Typography Day 2019 Call for Papers: Typography Day 2019 Call for Papers organised by Industrial Design Centre (IDC) of the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is currently accepting entries INVITING all Indians and non resident Indians, as well as foreign citizens to take part in it.
The Industrial Design Centre (IDC) of the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is currently accepting entries for its
Typography Day will be organized for the Twelfth time on 2nd to 4th March 2019 at IDC School of Design (IDC), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), Mumbai with support from India Design Association (InDeAs) and Aksharaya.
The event will feature a day of workshops on Typography and Calligraphy followed by two days of conference dedicated to ’Experimental Typography’. The international conference will be devoted to addressing issues faced by type designers, type users and type educators. The conference includes presentations by invited keynote speakers, eminent academicians, blind juried papers, industry professionals, research scholars and students. The event will also host an exhibition of selected posters and typographic works of students and faculty members from Design Institutes.
Organiser invites a 500-800 word abstract (with examples) in three categories:
• Concerns in ’Experimental Typography’(Academic Research/Presentations)
• Innovative applications of Experimental Typography (Case Studies)
• Student projects on Experimental Typography
The Conference will focus on the following issues:
• Experiments and Explorations in Experimental Typography
• Experimental Typography in the context of Culture
• Experimental Typography in the process of Learning
• Experimental Typography using Multilingual Scripts
• Experimental Typography in Native (Indigenous) Scripts
• Experimental Typography in Local Languages
• Research Activities in Experimental Typography
The abstract submission should include the following:
• Title of the paper
• Abstract of the paper
• 3 to 4 images of the work described
• Author name, Designation, Organisation and contact details (including email)
• Category of submission ( Academic / Industry / Student)
The total number of words including the title, keywords and the abstract should be a maximum of 800 words.
Paper and Presentation Details:
The selection of abstract is through blind jury.
Selected papers will need to be orally presented by the author/s during the conference on 2nd to 4th March 2019 at IDC School of Design (IDC), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), Mumbai . The time duration for each of the paper presentations is 20/15/10 minutes followed by 5 minutes for discussion along with Q & A. The selected papers will be published during the time of the conference.
Formatting guidelines as well as a template for the full paper will be supplied along with the acceptance mail of the abstract.
There is no entry fees to partecipate in this competition!
There is no entry fee to participate!