Submitted work must be at least 80% soft pastel. Nupastels and other "harder" pastels are considered soft pastels. No oil pastel.
Image requirements for entries: JPG files at least 72dpi and smaller than 5MB. All entrants should be prepared to be able to send a print-quality replacement file should their entry be among those selected as a winner. For publication in Pastel Journal, these files should be 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8×10 inches (2400×3600 pixels), ideally, and 5×7 inches (1500×2100 pixels) at minimum.
All early-bird entries - entries submitted before August 3, 2015 - are 25 USD per image. Entries submitted after the early-bird deadline are subject to the regular entry fees of 30 USD per image. Regular deadline is September 1, 2015.
Artists can be from anywhere in the world but must be age 16 or older.
1st price: $5.000
• First Prize: 5,000 USD cash
• Second Prize: 2,500 USD cash
• Third Prize: assortment of pastels and pastel surfaces (valued over 2,000 USD)
• Fourth Prize: assortment of pastels and pastel surfaces (valued over 1,500 USD)
• Fifth Prize: assortment of pastels and pastel surfaces (valued over 1,000 USD)
Moreover, all top prize winners and place winners will receive features in Pastel Journal (April 2016 issue). All winners will be notified by October 31, 2015.
For all further informations about the competition 17th Annual Pastel 100 Competition or to submit your works visit the following official website: