BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition 2019 - PHOTO COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition 2019
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this photo competition:
The BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition 2019, is recently opened for entries with the aim to encourages photographers from around the world to contribute their work to this competition that will both celebrate and illustrate the rich diversity of life on Earth and inspire action to protect and conserve it through the power of imagery.
Photo Competition presented by California Academi of Silence titled BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition 2019, now in its sixth year is opened for entries inviting all photographers around the world to participate.
This annual Photo Competition encourages photographers from around the world to contribute their work to this competition that will both celebrate and illustrate the rich diversity of life on Earth and inspire action to protect and conserve it through the power of imagery. This competition welcomes high-quality nature, wildlife and conservation images.
There are seven categories:
• Terrestrial Wildlife - Animals photographed anywhere in the world. Images may include land-based mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and non-flying insects whether they live in trees or on land.
• Winged Life - Birds or flying insects photographed anywhere in the world,in flight, perched, or in action. This category includes flightless birds such as penguins and ostriches.
• Landscapes, Waterscapes & Flora - Captivating images of wild places with a unique perspective, from expansive landscape vistas of forests, deserts and mountains to the micro habitats of plants and other flora. Images may include water environments of oceans, lakes and rivers with images taken above or under water including waves, tide pools and other water scenes.
• Aquatic Life - Marine animals including mammals, fish, reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates that spend the majority of their time in water.
• Art of Nature - Abstract expressions of nature and/or science. Life photographed out in nature or under the microscope. Images may include unusual close ups, angles, patterns, motion, or perspectives, black and white photography and images created using scientific imaging tools. Artistic effects should not be the result of digital manipulations.
• Human/Nature - Images that depict the efforts of scientists, conservationists, and others working to sustain life on our planet, or the complex relationships between human and nature. Images should illustrate the impacts of humans on the environment and can be either positive or negative impact stories.
• 2019 Series: Pushing the Limits - A 5–8 image submission with captions. Extraordinary adventures, remote locales, scientific expeditions, unusual conditions, and intense preparation—all to get the perfect shot on the edge of nature. This year’s photo series follows people (and their cameras) to the extreme ends of the earth, showing the human will to brave the elements and push through the unexpected in order to connect with the natural world. This series can be documentary or narrative in style. Photo stories can include people or focus solely on these environments. Please be respectful of the locations and obey all rules and laws.
Photographers must enter each image in one of the above categories. The same photo cannot be entered in more than one category.
Submitted images must meet the following qualifications:
• Submitted as JPG or JPEG files in Adobe RGB
• Must be 120 dpi
• Images should be a minimum 1920px on the long edge and maximum 3000px
• No borders, watermarks or signatures allowed.
Images should have caption information submitted with the following:
Description of the behavior pictured and the background story, the exact location, and if the species is scientifically noteworthy. Please feel free to include details on the gear used to capture the image.
For proof of authenticity, original digital camera RAW files (e.g. CR2, NEF, ORF, etc.) will be requested if your image is selected as a winning image. Original transparencies or negatives are accepted. DNG files are acceptable only if that is the native recording format of the camera.
Digital images captured as JPEG are allowed, providing the original un-retouched JPEG is available for inspection.
For printing in all media and for possible inclusion in an exhibition, a full-res and uncropped image (preferably TIFF) will be requested if your image is selected as a finalist or winner. This should be 8-bit or higher file at 300 dpi. If interpolation of an image is required for printing, it will be undertaken by the selected printer.
The objective is to remain faithful to the original experience and to never deceive the viewer or misrepresent the reality of the natural world. Localised adjustments should be used appropriately.
There are no limits to the number of times you may enter the competition. Entrants are limited to up to 10 single image submissions per registered email address and may register an unlimited number of email addresses.
Photographs and photo essays will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit.
• $25 for up to 10 single image submissions in any category
• $15 for 1 Photo Series submission (3–5 images)
Who can enter?
The BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition 2019 is open to all photographers around the world.
One Grand Prize, 7 First Place prizes, and Certificates of Recognition will be awarded for up to 6 finalists in each category, with the exception of the Photo Series category. In the Photo Series category, there will be one First Place awarded.
All winning and finalist images will appear on the Academy website and at www.bigpicturecompetition.org.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition 2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://www.bigpicturecompetition.org/
Category: PHOTO COMPETITION
Published by: InfoDesigners
Organizer: California Academy of Sciences
Listed by: InfoDesigners