Golden Turtle Photo Contest 2017 now is over!
Golden Turtle Photo Contest 2017: Photo contest 2017 hosted by The Golden Turtle International Festival, the largest international cultural and ecological event in Russia celebrating the beauty of the wildlife invies authors around the world to enter and take a part.
This competitions is the largest project of this Festival and is included in the shortlist of the most prestigious creative competitions of the world.
The Golden Turtle is a Festival the spirit and vision of which are aimed at preserving nature through art. The creative work of its participants lets the audience see the beauty of nature in a new way and take thought of its preservation.
Photographer shall mean a person who made a photograph and presents his/her work to the competition, has full copyrights and powers to decide on all organizational issues related to the participation of the work in the competition.
Photography (work, picture, image) shall mean a picture taken by a photocamera that complies with the competition conditions and is owned by the author.
Graphics editor shall mean any computer program (Adobe Photoshop, Apertura, CorelPhoto-Paint, etc.) that was applied for the digital processing of a photograph.
The author shall upload the works subject to the following technical requirements:
• The image format shall be JPEG;
• The dimensions shall be 1,400 pixels horizontally for horizontal works; 1,400 pixels vertically for vertical works; the file size shall be no more than 600 KB;
• The works shall not have any additional graphic elements such as author badges, copyright marks, added boxes, etc.
The author may submit to the competition no more than 20 works; in the Landscape nomination, no more than 5 photographs may be submitted.
One photograph may be presented in one nomination only.
The photographs sent shall be made no earlier than 3 years prior to the date of the work registration for participation in the competition.
No images of pets and livestock (cats, dogs, mice, rabbits, sheep, horses and other domesticated animals) are accepted to participate in the competition.
It is allowed to cut an image, but no more than 50% of its original size.
Any image correction is allowed that contributes to true representation of real life.
In case a work becomes a semi-finalist, the work shall be assigned the semi-finalist status and the author shall be sent an email of the status assignment and a request to submit the RAW file and the large format of the file submitted to the competition, specially prepared for printing.
Requirements for the files to be provided:
• RAW files;
Images prepared for printing that meet the following requirements:
• The format is JPEG or TIFF; the resolution is 300 dpi;
• The work framing shall be the same as in the web-version submitted to participate in the competition and evaluated by experts and the jury.
• The name of the file containing the image shall match the work name (e.g., “Penguins on ice”, not IMG_1234.jpg).
If it is not possible to prepare a quality image for the exhibition, the work shall not be displayed but shall remain a finalist.
The work originals shall be used by the organizers for various purposes, including, but not limited to:
• Printing of photographs required for the work of the jury;
• Preparing the final photo album (each author whose work(s) is(are) presented in the photo album is entitled to receive 1 author’s copy of the album);
• Preparing exhibition copies of the artwork;
• Making an archive of the competition finalists, etc.
There will be automatically selected 3 works by the sistem that have received the maximum number of votes from the members of the professional jury in each nomination, and forms a separate list of works that were included in the jury’s TOP-3 lists the most. If these lists coincide with each other, these works subsequently become the winners of the "gold", "silver" and "bronze" awards.
There is no entry fee for this competition!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Anyone may submit his/her works to participate in this competition, except for the competition organizers and the professional jury members. Authors from any countries can participate in the contest without restrictions. The official competition languages are Russian and English.